Cedar Point FC

Camden Crazy

I was looking through my concepts folder a few hours ago and got the sudden urge to do a new one, and I decided on soccer. I was also thinking about my past hobby, roller coasters, and decided to somehow combine the two, and here is the outline on my inspiration:

Cedar Point is a gigantic amusement park located in Sandusky, Ohio. The park sits on a Lake Erie peninsula, and has been open to the public since the late 1800's. The park first became popular because of the beach that makes up the perimeter of the park, and soon rides were installed. 100+ years later, Cedar Point has become the roller coaster capital of the world. The park currently has 17 operating roller coasters, the most of any park in the world, and several have held world records. Three of their roller coasters once held the title of tallest and fastest in the world. In 1989, it was Magnum XL-200 at 205 feet tall and 72 MPH. In 2000, it was Millennium Force at 310 feet and 93 MPH, and finally Top Thrill Dragster in 2003 at 420 feet and 120 MPH. I have been to the park twice, once in 2000 and then in 2003, and absolutely loved the place. Although I haven't been there in 5 years, it's still one of my favorites. Here's more about the concept itself:

For the colors, I used the neon green and blue colors found in Cedar Point's logo:

CP_logo.jpg

As for the crest, I did something a little more "creative", and something that doesn't really resemble a normal soccer crest. I tried to incorporate some elements to make it scream Cedar Point. The park is famous for the beach and Lake Erie, so that is included, as well as one of it's marquee roller coasters, Millennium Force, as the first hill and drop is shown (although not accurately).

I was really stumped as to what to do with the kits, but I decided on this and I happen to like it. Some may say that the stripe is out of place, but I was trying to make it resemble a roller coaster without going over the top and putting a roller coaster train full of riders on it. I also paid homage to Chelsea's wonderful 3rd shirt and added something similar. I used Cedar Fair, the chain under which Cedar Point operates, as the sponsor. Another MS Paint success for me, IMO.

CPFC2.png

Credit to Cole for the template, C&C appreciated.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Ive been to Cedar Point - behind Universal Orlando its the best amusement park in the entire freaking world!

As for the kit and crest, I'm not sure if I'm diggin everything. The design of the kit is okay and I will say that the colors are perfect to represent the park, but IDK I'm not sure aout everything. The crest I think needs a little more life or something, meaning more detail and, IDK vibe or something. And maybe have either Snoopy, or a more detailed Millenium Force ride or soemthing on there then I think the crest will be a winner.

A+ on the creativity though! I like youre idea! BTW Im going to Cedar Point again this year! Wa-HOO!!!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Great concept, not exactly into MLS's template, but that's cool.

I like the stripe on the jersey, it defiantly represent the roller coaster theme.

side note, I'm head there this summer 2nd time in 5 years...love the place!!!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived