Danbury EPHL to be named the Danbury Mad Hatters

Geoff

True enough, but not especially material.

Most art forms are collaborative. Musicians have to satisfy producers and record labels, film directors can only go so far as the studios are willing to pay for.

Designers are no different, and some manage to produce quality work in the face of idiot clients. We may feel sorry for designers who can't, but that doesn't make them immune to criticism.

I didn't mean to imply designers are immune from criticism. If you attach your name

to a product then you should be able to take any criticism that comes along with it. I

have no problem with criticism. I was just trying to point out, maybe not very well,

that sometimes there's too much interference to overcome. Dictatorial would be a

better description in some of my experiences rather than collaborative.

Well, I wasn't speaking specifically about this logo. Only that "the client is an idiot" is never a terribly satisfactory excuse (they are, after all, predominantly idiots ;) ).

Perhaps you can tell us about the design process for this one? I'd love to see your prelims, hear how the design evolved.

Give me the TRASHERS (old Danbury team) anyday!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 4 weeks later...
(DANBURY, CT) ? The Danbury Mad Hatters of the Eastern Professional Hockey League (EPHL) today unveiled the jerseys that the team will wear for their inaugural 2008-09 season.

Featuring the team?s colors of red, black, and white, the team unveiled three jerseys: a white for home, a black for road, and a black alternate jersey to be worn on special occasions.

The team?s home jersey features the Mad Hatters secondary logo of a ?mad hat? with a red stick in its mouth on the center of the jersey and also on both shoulders. The jersey is white on the front and back, and features red from the neck down the shoulders through to the sleeves. The numbers on the back will be black on top of red and the player?s name will be in black.

The team?s road jersey features the Mad Hatters primary logo of a ?mad hat? with a red stick in its mouth with the words ?MAD HATTERS? featured underneath with a black puck and a blue swoosh in the center of the jersey. Both shoulders will also have the secondary logo. The jersey is black on the front and back with silver trim, and features red from the neck down the shoulders through to the sleeves. The numbers on the back will be white on top of black on top of silver and the player?s name will be in white.

The team?s alternate jersey was based on an idea proposed by a Mad Hatters season ticket holder. The alternate jersey will be black with a red stripe between two white stripes on the sleeves and the waist of the jersey. The word ?DANBURY? will be spelled out diagonally in white on top of red letters. Both shoulders will feature the secondary logo. The numbers on the back of the jersey will be white on top of red and the player?s name will be in white. These jerseys will be worn on special dates during the season.

In addition to these jerseys, players will wear red helmets, red pants, and black, white and red socks.

?We feel that our jerseys are as unique as any available in all of hockey,? Mad Hatters owner Tim Kolpien said. ?It will be great to see not only our players take the ice in these outstanding uniforms, but it will also look terrific on the fans who support the Mad Hatters.?

The Danbury Mad Hatters open their 50 game season on November 1 and will play 25 games at home. For more information or to inquire about season tickets visit madhattershockey.com.

Home

MadHattersHome.jpg

Away

MadHattersRoad.jpg

Third

MadHatters3rd.jpg

Can't say they're overly thrilling, but better plain than not.

YES!

I'm looking into designing uniforms for this league but I've had a creative block for a while. I'll keep thinking on it though.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived