2008 NLL Champion's Cup playoffs thread

Viper

Another thing just occurred to me: If the Jax manage to win the final, they would be the champs with a losing overall record (9-10)! That would have to be a first in any pro sport.

Arena Football League's Chicago Rush won the Arena Bowl with a regular season record of 7-9 so it's been done before, plus there are a few Sting players on the Jax team, Dan Dawson being one of them. If they win it would be nice, but it will be nice to see them next year(hopefully)

But the Rush had to win three (four?) straight games to win the Arena Bowl, which put them back over .500 overall. The Jax went 6-10 in the NLL regular season, so even if they win the Champion's Cup their final overall record will still be one game under .500.

CCSLC signature.png

Another thing just occurred to me: If the Jax manage to win the final, they would be the champs with a losing overall record (9-10)! That would have to be a first in any pro sport.

Arena Football League's Chicago Rush won the Arena Bowl with a regular season record of 7-9 so it's been done before, plus there are a few Sting players on the Jax team, Dan Dawson being one of them. If they win it would be nice, but it will be nice to see them next year(hopefully)

But the Rush had to win three (four?) straight games to win the Arena Bowl, which put them back over .500 overall. The Jax went 6-10 in the NLL regular season, so even if they win the Champion's Cup their final overall record will still be one game under .500.

The 2001 Calgary Stampeders won the Grey Cup and Finished the regular season at 8-10.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

The 1938 Chicago Black Hawks were 14-25-9 and they won the Stanley Cup.

Will the game be on TV? I'd love to watch it.

It's going to be on ESPN2. They just need to hammer out the details, as in whether it's shown live or on tape delay. They had to wait until the official day and time. The Score in Canada just announced they will be showing the game live for those of you interested North of the Border.

The 1938 Chicago Black Hawks were 14-25-9 and they won the Stanley Cup.

1916 Fitzroy Lions... 2-9-1... Last place and Champs, same year!

philly.png

Sorry folks, it's tape delayed a couple of days here in the States. Tuesday the 20th at 2 PM. That's pretty stupid, but what are you going to do. It will be live on something called ESPN360, though.

And the goalie match-up is set. The Bandits two-headed goalie monster see Mike Thompson getting the start over the league-leading Ken (Monster... ironically his nickname) Montour. Dallas Eliuk goes for the Lumberjax.

I just ordered tickets. Section 324, I will be there. It'll be a sellout and a great atmosphere.

Well if you got best available and that was 324, then it will definitely be a sellout. Boy I can't wait. I'm out to leave and I'm orange head to toe.

Don't forget to wear your ORANGE!!

I just got done watching the game on DVD-RW. The Jax gave Buffalo a run for their money and took them down to the last possession of the game, but in the end we're left with...

nllbuffalochampslc1.png

CCSLC signature.png

Archived