new yankees alternate

jake22

OK, so let me play devil?s advocate then, in light of other comments in this thread thus far?

I realize that attempting to do anything with teams like the Yankees (or Browns, if it?s football for example,) is more difficult simply because their uniforms are so traditional, and therefore so easily identifiable. With that being said, I don?t think a uniform like this would ever fly in New York. The most variety the Yankees would (and arguably should) ever introduce is a blue shirt for select away games/spring training.

Despite that realist argument, I love this uniform! I?ve always been a big fan of navy blue and white together, especially in big chunks like the sleeves/torso of these shirts. I would slightly change the wordmark across the front, only making it a bit thicker. (And maybe putting it at an angle?) And, for an extra twist, I?d change the front panel of the hat from navy to white, and make the logo navy a la the 80?s White Sox or the Hank Aaron-era Braves.

I?m a fan of this one. Well done. ^_^

It looks like one of those broke ass team shirts you can get at Wal-Mart. Sorry.

Hell, I'd buy it. If it's at Wal-Mart, it can't be more than fifteen bucks. If nothing else, I could use it to play softball in.

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived