Flyers logo discrepancy

BroadSt_Bully

As most of you know, the "wings" of the Flyers logo on the sweater crest differ from that of every other instance. In most instances, each wing curves to form a complete quarter-circle. However on the sweater, each wing curves slightly to form a corner angle at the bottom of each one. Additionally, the orange puck is larger on the sweater crest. It's been this way since the sweater design upgrade in early '80s.

PHI_161-797737.gif5f29_1.JPG

Does anyone know why this is the case? (Also, why is there no black outline on the sweaters?)

I'm surprised it's never been discussed here.

This type of thing is not uncommon in the NHL. The more rounded version is the Official Primary Logo and the other is the Official Jersey Crest. The Blackhawks have a similar discrepancy with their shoulder logo. And the Senators used to have a similar situation with their old jerseys crests.

Logos.png

This type of thing is not uncommon in the NHL. The more rounded version is the Official Primary Logo and the other is the Official Jersey Crest. The Blackhawks have a similar discrepancy with their shoulder logo. And the Senators used to have a similar situation with their old jerseys crests.

I know this, but the question is why?

As most of you know, the "wings" of the Flyers logo on the sweater crest differ from that of every other instance. In most instances, each wing curves to form a complete quarter-circle. However on the sweater, each wing curves slightly to form a corner angle at the bottom of each one. Additionally, the orange puck is larger on the sweater crest. It's been this way since the sweater design upgrade in early '80s.

Does anyone know why this is the case? (Also, why is there no black outline on the sweaters?)

Interestingly enough, the white replica's up until this season, had a black outline.

Interestingly enough, the white replica's up until this season, had a black outline.

Slight correction - The non-CCM replica whites almost always had no black outline, it was only CCM that couldn't get it right. I think it was because of how they stitched the wings with white over the black patch, and the stitching didn't overlap the edges right.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the jersey crest better because it actually has some semblence of it being a P. I am a big Flyers fan but I still have never gotten why the logo wasn't tilted more to one side to make it more apparent it's indeed a flying P.

Bring back the Whale!

That orange circle is a puck?

Of course. You didn't know that pucks are orange?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived