Embroidery Happy Fun Time!

TruColor

I just downloaded some evaluation software tonight, and am playing around with it. It's called DRAWing, and it is primarily for embroiderers.

Here are a couple of samples of what I threw together:

UtahJazz_DRAWing.jpg

AZCardinals_DRAWing.jpg

You just load up an image (in these cases, vectors), and you can set a number of stitching options (which I really don't understand) and thread palettes, and there ya go.

I've seen some examples of people doing things similar to this in Photoshop, but this was really easy.

Here's the link to the software:

http://www.drawstitch.com/DRAWings4EvaluationEdtion.htm

What 'cha think?

I set up real embroideries at work(where I am sitting right now, shhhh), and I love making logos and then previewing them like this to see how great of a job I did. The software sounds like it doesn't really set up embroidery files that can then be transferred to a machine, but just previews right? I didn't check it out for fear of downloading something at work that I wouldn't be able to completely delete from their computers, but I will look at it when I get home. Anyway, nice job with yours.

Just out of curiosity, how did you save your samples? Or do I need a coreldraw program?

And one day, when I am done paying private school tuitions, I'm gonna buy me some of these nifty programs.....

I set up real embroideries at work(where I am sitting right now, shhhh), and I love making logos and then previewing them like this to see how great of a job I did. The software sounds like it doesn't really set up embroidery files that can then be transferred to a machine, but just previews right? I didn't check it out for fear of downloading something at work that I wouldn't be able to completely delete from their computers, but I will look at it when I get home. Anyway, nice job with yours.

In a class I have taken the last two years, one of the things we do is embroidery. We actually do use DRAWings as part of the process of setting something up to be stitched. It is in DRAwings that we pick the stitch patterns (step, satin, etc.), before exporting it to one other program, and then it goes to the machine. I can't think of the name of the other program though. Embroidery isn't my specialty in that class.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I just downloaded some evaluation software tonight, and am playing around with it. It's called DRAWing, and it is primarily for embroiderers.

Here's the link to the software:

http://www.drawstitch.com/DRAWings4EvaluationEdtion.htm

What 'cha think?

I've actually been looking for this kind of software for ages. You probably just saved my organization a few thousand dollars in costs associated with having these files created. Thank you, sa'ib!

:notworthy:

UPDATE: At $1,300 a copy, perhaps not. But still a super-cool find!

nav-logo.png

Archived