New ABA teams for 2008-09

koizim

I propose that we pool our money together, buy a franchise, then take over the league.

It CAN be done.

We can call them the CCSLCerz

I'm serious. With proper financial backing and a valid credit card, we can field a team that will play in every known division in the ABA in a single season.

We begin play in Vancouver, end in Key West. I haven't got the middle part figured out yet, but I'm getting there.

You can't be serious about this.

Vancouver is far too big of a city to be the home of an ABA team.

I've got it: The Schenectady Zip-Zop-Zoobitty-Bop!

This is ridiculous. It's well known that scat singing and jazz music leads to marijuana use and sex with white women, which completely goes against the idea of the wholesome family entertainment we're trying to put on the court. Or in the parking lot, as the case may be.

Hold on....that statement belongs in the Baysox throwback thread.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I propose that we pool our money together, buy a franchise, then take over the league.

It CAN be done.

I'm serious. With proper financial backing and a valid credit card, we can field a team that will play in every known division in the ABA in a single season.

We begin play in Vancouver, end in Key West. I haven't got the middle part figured out yet, but I'm getting there.

This is ridiculous. It's well known that scat singing and jazz music leads to marijuana use and sex with white women, which completely goes against the idea of the wholesome family entertainment we're trying to put on the court. Or in the parking lot, as the case may be.

It's too confusing to try to decipher what should go where, so I'm just trying to be as general as I can in my posts for the rest of the evening.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It CAN be done.

It's too confusing to try to decipher what should go where, so I'm just trying to be as general as I can in my posts for the rest of the evening.

Buh. Zuh? Gruh...uh...um...logo...

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

It CAN be done.

'Vancouver' must be used to help represent the metro area of the team (i.e. "Tampa Bay"). I do believe that I can rent the gym at Vancouver City College or Burnaby's Bill Copeland Arena for peanuts, which would help the cause considerably.

I vote for Cam Neely Arena in Maple Ridge.

It CAN be done.

Well...Chicago has a team. I think. Their franchise kill rate in that market is ridiculous even by their standards.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It CAN be done.

'Vancouver' must be used to help represent the metro area of the team (i.e. "Tampa Bay"). I do believe that I can rent the gym at Vancouver City College or Burnaby's Bill Copeland Arena for peanuts, which would help the cause considerably.

Yes, well I expect that from you.

However, Bill Copeland Arena is conveniently located on Joe Sakic Way, so in the hearts of the locals Burnaby Joe>Cam Neely.

Auditions will be held at the Michael J Fox Theatre for the Performing Arts.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It CAN be done.

I say we build our arena out of the hopes and dreams of orphans...and some timber would probably help, too.

Well, we ARE deep in the heart of lumber country.

I may be able to steal some materials from one or two of the Olympic building sites. Stay tuned.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Twenty grand, right? There are at least 500 posters that post on a semi-regular basis here. I'd be willing to part with $40 for a chance at an ABA ring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It CAN be done.

However, Bill Copeland Arena is conveniently located on Joe Sakic Way, so in the hearts of the locals Burnaby Joe>Cam Neely.

MJF Theatre, huh? Free shakes in the lobby.

I'm ashamed.

It CAN be done.

MJF Theatre, huh? Free shakes in the lobby.

I'm ashamed.

I laughed, I'm an awful person. Like my posts in the Baysox throback thread didn't confirm that.

Gitlin, I appreciate your pledge of $40. If we go to the toteboard, that gives us $40. I thank you.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Twenty grand, right? There are at least 500 posters that post on a semi-regular basis here. I'd be willing to part with $40 for a chance at an ABA ring.

Well, technically, it's a ring that's shaped like a clover marshmallow that the ABA Commissioner stole from his son's box of Lucky Charms. Also, it has dangerously high levels of lead paint, but potato, potahto.

All right then. Fifty of us at $400 apiece. George Bush just gave you $300 -- let's put that to use.

Come on now. Even if we just get the application up and never play a game, we'll have owned a professional sports franchise. Some people say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

I'm 38 percent serious about this.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

All right then. Fifty of us at $400 apiece. George Bush just gave you $300 -- let's put that to use.

Come on now. Even if we just get the application up and never play a game, we'll have owned a professional sports franchise. Some people say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

I'm 38 percent serious about this.

$300? Did you just get the check from 2003?

He signed the economic stimulus bill, didn't he? I think the real credit goes to the U.S. Treasury, since they signed the checks, but Bush is the one who officially made it policy.

We could hold Chris for ransom. That might work.

That's it.

I'm getting a paypal account going, we're gonna do this. I've got 1/500 committed owners so far, it's a dream that needs to be fulfilled.

If you'd like to contribute, please send $40 per share to aba.dreams@gmail.com. Be a professional sports owner, or at the very least, a part-owner in the ABA.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That's it.

I'm getting a paypal account going, we're gonna do this. I've got 1/500 committed owners so far, it's a dream that needs to be fulfilled.

If you'd like to contribute, please send $40 per share to aba.dreams@gmail.com. Be a professional sports owner, or at the very least, a part-owner in the ABA.

The ABA isn't professional. Hell, it's barely basketball.

I just bought 1/10 of 1/50th of an ABA team. I haven't donated to CCSLC in two years, but I just gave $4 to some guy who compared black mens' penises to baby elephant trunks.

It's a special night here.

Proof:

PayPal

Dear [Me],

Your payment for $4.00 USD to aba.dreams@gmail.com has been sent.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment Details

Amount: $4.00 USD

Transaction ID: 22166080523138246

Archived