New ABA teams for 2008-09

koizim

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what? I'm going to be on an ABA team. I'm gonna try out for the NYC Internationalz. I figure that, since I can dunk and I've played basketball before, I'm immediately a front-runner for the MVP award.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I am officially soliciting for ownership money.

Koizim, consider this: Player-Coach. Plus, if you relocate to Vancouver, you'll be one of 7 black people in town who aren't pro football players.

Food for thought.

I am sincerely tempted. Do they have a good chicken and waffle joint in Vancouver?

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Why doesn't the Buffalo Sharks team have a mascot that's some freakish creature that's a hybrid of both buffalo and shark? That would be pretty awesome.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why doesn't the Buffalo Sharks team have a mascot that's some freakish creature that's a hybrid of both buffalo and shark? That would be pretty awesome.

Where would you put the obligatory 'Z'? I mean, really, what are you thinking, young man? This is the ABA, for Chrissakes! They have an image to uphold!

Georgia Gwizzlies? Are you kidding me? I never knew Tweety bird owns an ABA team...

They play in Gwinnet County...or they might be owned by Mike Tyson.

I shart you not, back on MLK day this year I was hired by the Maywood Buzz (CA) to work P.A. for a doubleheader; Celebrity game first then the ABA game, pitting the Buzz vs. the Orange County Whatchamacallits (or whoever they were). I'm not kidding, among the many "celebs" (none of whom I've heard of before) one was named... Jizz Boy. WTF kind of name is that ? Not only that, like Brian B. and others have said, they played at a rec center, with stands on just one side of the court. More people watched the Celeb game than the "feature attraction." What a joke. But I got paid, and it was gewd.

I shart you not, back on MLK day this year I was hired by the Maywood Buzz (CA) to work P.A. for a doubleheader; Celebrity game first then the ABA game, pitting the Buzz vs. the Orange County Whatchamacallits (or whoever they were). I'm not kidding, among the many "celebs" (none of whom I've heard of before) one was named... Jizz Boy. WTF kind of name is that ? Not only that, like Brian B. and others have said, they played at a rec center, with stands on just one side of the court. More people watched the Celeb game than the "feature attraction." What a joke. But I got paid, and it was gewd.

He's the top-grossing sideshow in all of Laos!

No joke - not even the typo!

The American Basketball Association nnounced the addition of the Detroit Zafir (Arabic for Victorious) which will begin play this fall. The team will feature players from the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Qatar, Kuwait et al) and will play in the North Central Division. According to Joe Newman, ABA CEO, ''We are very pleased and excited about this new team and know that it will add much to the league. Detroit has one of the nation's largest Middle Eastern populations, basketball is very popular and well played, and we expect this team to be very competitive.''

You know you have too many divisions when you're forced to name one of them 'the North Central Division.'

Patrick: With the first seven months of the baseketball post-season out of the way, the playoff picture is now starting to emerge.

Mayne: So, with last night's victory over Boston, next week the Beers must beat Indianapolis in order to advance to Charlotte. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number down to three.

Patrick: Right, and then... the Beers can advance to the National Eastern Division North to play Tampa.

Mayne: So if the Beers beat Detroit and Denver beats Atlanta in the American Southwestern Division East Northern, then Milwaukee goes to the Denslow Cup. Unless Baltimore can upset Buffalo and Charlotte ties Toronto, then Oakland would play L.A. and Pittsburgh in a blind choice Round Robin. And if new clear winner emerges from all this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion is crowned.

No joke - not even the typo!

The American Basketball Association nnounced the addition of the Detroit Zafir (Arabic for Victorious)

I thought it was Arabic for Pan Flute.

I'm willing to go in on this, but only if I can be the starting power forward. Sure, I'm a 6'3" white British nerd with a bum knee who hasn't played competetive ball since 2003, can't jump, takes way too many shots and wears goggles and short shorts, but...

I forget what my point is.

I'm willing to go in on this, but only if I can be the starting power forward. Sure, I'm a 6'3" white British nerd with a bum knee who hasn't played competetive ball since 2003, can't jump, takes way too many shots and wears goggles and short shorts, but...

paypal that cash to aba.dreams@gmail.com, and I can give you a discount on your open tryout fee.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The team has to wear John Stockton style short shorts. Surely.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived