Non-Club Prices for New Cowboys Stadium Announced

dfwabel

By JEFF MOSIER / The Dallas Morning News

jmosier@dallasnews.com

ARLINGTON ? Dallas Cowboys fans will be able to buy tickets for the new $1.1 billion stadium in Arlington for as little as $59, only $9 more than the cheapest seats at Texas Stadium.

The team announced ticket prices for the remainder of the new stadium on Thursday afternoon. The reserved seats, which are all expected to be season tickets, will range from $59 to $125. Some of those seats will have no personal seat option, while others will require options ranging from $2,000 to $5,000.

Previously, the Cowboys had only announced the prices for the most expensive seats. Those clubs seats cost $340 per games and require options ranging from $16,000 to $150,000, the most expensive in the National Football League.

2009 Price Chart

I've been dreading this day, and to be honest the rates are way better than I thought they would be. When I was looking at PSLs in '98 they went anywhere from $2000 to $12000. This could have been a lot worse.

Of course the club seat costs are ridiculous, but I'm not the target market for that anyway.

newsig.jpg

Hmmm... the whole mess with PSLs, seat licenses and stuff is tricky and interesting. Adding another layer to the cost of seeing a game seems to only work when you KNOW you have demand that will fill those seats. When the Raiders tried to institute such a scheme, it backfired; as not enough PSLs were sold in seating areas targeted for them. When the season began, and the PSLs were unsold, the Raiders began selling those tickets as open seats, and there were often situations were a guy who paid $1000, $2000 or more for a PSL in addition to his tickets wound up sitting next to a person who only paid for the tickets themselves. As you can guess that didn't go over very well, and the PSL plan was scrapped...

It is what it is.

So, you need to pay $1,000 before you can buy season tickets? Good for them if they can make that kind of money. I'm assuming the new stadium was privately funded, yes? Otherwise, what a farce.

If you can buy single-game tickets for $60 though, I think that's pretty good. A family of four would drop $240 plus extras to see a game, but for a once-a-year expense, that doesn't seem so bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Those prices aren't out of line with the other bigger-market teams, and in some cases are better. They're better than the Eagles prices. Edit - I forgot you said "non-club." The cheaper ones are cheaper, but the lower level ones are a little more expensive.

I agree that the PSL thing is crap, but it's kind of like the team selling stock. That license is yours, and as the demand goes up (and the supply will be 0 after they go on sale) the value of it goes up just like any commodity, and you can sell it for whatever you want. Many people use them just for the right to purchase season tickets which they immediately sell for a major profit, and do this every year until the PSL has paid for itself.

It should probably be illegal (especially in the case of publicly funded projects) but it is possible to realize a benefit from it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's exactly like a stock, based on the team's performance. When the Cowboys are good I can get double the face value of the ticket if I can't go. When they're terrible I'm lucky to get face.

I'm not defending PSLs in the slightest, but the cost does even out if you're patient.

newsig.jpg

Considering I live in a market where the nearest NFL team to me sells out their stadium about an hour after non-season tickets go on sale to the general public, I'd gladly drop $240 to go see a game, even if it is the Cowboys.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So, you need to pay $1,000 before you can buy season tickets? Good for them if they can make that kind of money. I'm assuming the new stadium was privately funded, yes? Otherwise, what a farce.

If you can buy single-game tickets for $60 though, I think that's pretty good. A family of four would drop $240 plus extras to see a game, but for a once-a-year expense, that doesn't seem so bad.

The majority of the stadium was privately financed, the city of Arlington did commit some money passed overwhemlingly by the public. Basically, they renewed the bond which paid for Rangers Ballpark in Arlington as that was paid off 10+ years early. There will be about 10,000 seats with no PSL attached to them.

Archived