Niagara nighthawks concept

epper

Not bad--it will look good losing to the other bird team in the league the Calgary Peregrines--logo still to be released, although preliminary uniform screen shots were posted way back when the league was first announced.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like the direction that this concept is going. But when I look at it, I think of two suggestions:

One, the feather design and pattern seems a little arbitrary for my taste. A more regular, knife-shaped feather pattern would only add to the menacing feel already indicated by the body position. But, I also like the idea of the body shape being water-like. Intentional or not, that's really clever, and makes me wonder if changing the feathers (especially in the wings) would be a bad idea.

My other suggestion is regarding the tongue. As it is, it looks like a worm dangling out of the beak. That, or a tongue hanging outside the mouth because the bird is fatigued. Like a panting dog. But I think that the tongue is a good idea. I have been expereimenting with a few bird logos recently and like the aggression a tongue can add. So to change the tongue, I would make it more wedge shaped, and gradually rising in front. It might then look like it is screaming in attack.

So take that or leave it. I really enjoy that concept.

Did yo uever consider sending this into Niagara University? I go to school about a hour from the falls, and often the NU logo is in the Buffalo papers. I can think of few logos that are worse than that one. blech.

thanks for all the comments guys.

On the tongue:

I will most likely make some modifications to the tongue, probably making it a bit smaller, but just for reference,  here the pic i based the head off of. Just so you guys can see where im coming from. The mouth looked empty without a tongue, and i really do think that it adds to the menacing look of the Nighthawk

Archived