NBA Redesign: Utah Jazz

Starchild

OK, so here's version 2...

Changes:

-Returned to purple/blue color scheme, removed the darker blue and made the purple darker and faded

-Removed drop shadow on jersey wordmark

-Changed style of the alternate jersey

UtahJazz_Preview2.jpg

I'm not sure which home jersey I like better, so I thought I'd toss 'em both up there and see what everyone else thinks. Have at it people!

GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN GREEN!!!!

you took away the creative part of this set!

the GREEN was WAY COOL!!

Bring it back!!

I gave up on my concept a while ago. It was part of a project where I merged old and new logos together. I'm not gonna draw up any unis ..this is starchilds thread. I just posted my designs in case he wanted to use them in his concept.

I don't care for the second set of jerseys, it's not too much different than what they currently have, and you lost the focus of what you were going for in the first place which was bringing back the retro color.

I would love to see a set with dark green, dark purple, and gold - and make sure you have a good balance of the three otherwise it will look like the 90s bucks, the lakers, or the sonics.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Hmmm. This one is really beginning to frustrate me.

On the one hand, I like the retro colors (and apparently half the people commenting do as well). On the other hand, like the other 50% of people commenting, I think the purple/blue scheme looks kinda nice and does represent Utah better than the New Orleans colors.

Is there any kind of a general consensus that can be reached about the Jazz's identity as is? Would it be just to scrap the whole "trying to combine eras" idea and just rebrand the team from the ground up?

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

no offense but none of these look good. The logo with the ball isn't a bad concept, but the one they have now looks great. I know "jazz" is the music of new orleans, but they haven't had the "music" type theme for 15 years. More of the environment of Utah.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

No offense but this has to be one of the worst color designs. There isn't anything wrong with the ones they have. The green, purple, and yellow is a big no. The ball on the "jazz" logo doesn't look that good either.

No offense but this has to be one of the worst color designs. There isn't anything wrong with the ones they have. The green, purple, and yellow is a big no. The ball on the "jazz" logo doesn't look that good either.

Clutch, you reeeeeeally seem to hate what I've worked up thus far. That's cool and all, but would you happen to have any suggestions on where you'd like to see this concept go? Simply telling me it's bad and that their current set is perfect really doesn't help me.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Clutch, you reeeeeeally seem to hate what I've worked up thus far. That's cool and all, but would you happen to have any suggestions on where you'd like to see this concept go? Simply telling me it's bad and that their current set is perfect really doesn't help me.

Starchild, hey sorry man, my bad. But I think that you should not have the ball in the J. I don't really have any suggestions for it sorry. I think that the jersey script they have now with the arch lettering in the light blue would look pretty cool. Probably not purple uniforms either, the navy looks pretty good. I think that the green, purple, ones you first did were a bit much. not a bad idea but it doesn't really work for them. I like the "uj" logo on the shoulders it is a nice touch. in all it is a pretty good concept but just some things i don't really like. Its pretty good work in my opinion.

Archived