No cammo jerseys for the Reds.

Swampee

With all due respect, you seem really adamant about following the part of the code that should keep the flag off of uniforms.

I dont think there should be a code against it. If a team wants to show the flag, let em. Its not like its an actual flag theyre doing harm to.

I say the same about camo jerseys. It may seem like a greedy-selfish-slap-in-the-face-of-vets-and-GIs idea, but how do you know thats the real meaning behind it? Maybe the teams actually did mean well. In some cases, like with the Sox, it can look pretty good to.

What I dont like, though, is putting the flag backwards on the right arm. I understand the meaning behind it, but why not just put it on the left arm, and the rank on the right, or not wear it at all? Its not like they dont know youre the US Military.

oBIgzrL.png

What I dont like, though, is putting the flag backwards on the right arm. I understand the meaning behind it, but why not just put it on the left arm, and the rank on the right, or not wear it at all? Its not like they dont know youre the US Military.

LOL. Good point but the rank is now stupidly worn dead center on the chest. I have no problems with teams featuring the flags and really think that every time the flag code gets brought up, I wanna laugh. No one anywhere follows it perfectly. The Reds and Sox look ok but I always think they need to up date the pattern to hte current one. For the Padres, It'd go way better since they use that green helmet and jersey.

I dont think there should be a code against it. If a team wants to show the flag, let em. Its not like its an actual flag theyre doing harm to.

You might not like that such a code exists, but it does. Wonk is correct.

And any representation of a US flag is a US flag. That's the point.

Personally, I don't care much about the flag code - I think this little piece of Halloween in July is pretty damn insulting anyway.

Archived