New Colors and Logos for the AFL New York Dragons

Gary

I don't mind what the New York Dragons have in terms of their color scheme. As long as the numbering and lettering are block fonts, that's fine to me.

Hmmm, how about the new owner just move the team into Madison Square Garden. That way, they're truly New York City's team (no offense to Long Island). I know the last AFL team to play there were the CityHawks, so maybe the Dragons could garner better success than them.

It might interfere with the Knicks, Rangers, and Liberty. Since it's a different owner than the Dolan's rent might be a deterrent as well.

first of all, i have no clue how to make or what to use to make concepts etc, but i love unis in general, & the dragons are my team in the afl so the whole chance to make a new concept etc is something i hoped would appaear on this board, some of the guys work on here is first class,

anyhow.. from what i have gathered info wise from my fellow dragons fans via message boards etc is basically, were all/most looking forward to a change,

the general concensus seems to favour gold & maroon or my personal favorite green & red, ( ala barcelona dragons, only modern! )

i was hoping 1 or a few designers on here would give it a go designing a new concept, logo word mark colors etc?? i would love to see what u came up with, using your own ideas..

or

i have a few of my own also if any of this helps just my opinions mind!!! on what needs changing upgrading etc

- logo

updated lgo & wordmark, the dragons logo on the chest of the current uni is far to big imo..

- colour scheme

maroon & gold and green & red seem to be the favorites right now, not much of either colour in the afl so i do think it would work either way,

would also like to see the pants be interchangable for road & home wear,

-helmet

is a stripe needed? what color facemask, all up in the air from my point of view, i am looking forward to see what works & what colour should be used???

- jerseys

seeing has how the afl is teamed up with the afl, i would like the dragons to use a more modern template, eg, cleveland, arizona or georgia tech, i think has russells current template

but i would also love to see what ideas some of the guys on here could come up with??

- pants

would really like the concept to have interchanging pants

the current all white mono`s really look awful!!

-3rd

maybe an alternate jersey to incorperate a 3rd set of pants etc etc??

- wordmark on jersey??

as previous i think current logo is way to big, makes the league look amateur..

personally would like to see either a new DRAGONS word mark with flames either end on the D & S or maybe even DRAGONS on the home & NEW YORK on the road???

just an idea!

- font

the dragons had there own unique font when they first arrived in 01 would love to see a return to a new font, or in a current one is used, maybe the same font as dallas black or chicagos number font?? i honestly don`t know what is for the best here..

hope some of you guys have time to take this up & attempt to updrage update the dragons..

i would put my own ideas into drawings but i honestly have no idea how, so thanx in advance to anyone who has time to doodle!

thanx!

I almost read it as no more NY Dragons. They may tie something in with Long Island or the regional tie ins.

I think quite the opposite, based on this:

?I don?t think it?s completely been sold as something for the entire metropolitan area, the whole New York market,? (new owner) Silva said in a telephone interview.

Other than a couple commercials on the local sports channels, I've never seen anything about the Dragons. They barely exist in this city. Sounds like he's interested in changing that.

I used to freelance about 6-8 Dragons games a season (depending on which publications I was writing for), and the media relations folks could never get the Post, Daily News, or Times to cover it. Newsday embraced it because they had a reporter do a first-hand story on being a member of the Dragons. But the rest couldn't care. And if you don;t get the media, you don't get the fans.

They actually rolled out the red carpet for Filip Bondy of the Daily News, who did a piece on what kind of joke the AFL is. That didn't help the Dragons out one bit.

The local radio team cares about the league and the sport, but they keep getting bounced around the dial.

But Gothomite, you're right that they do a poor job promoting it. You wouldn't know they existed if you weren't at a game.

Of all the dragons-inspired logos and colors, I agree that the Barcelona Dragons (WLAF) were the best. The green/red/yellow(gold) also works well for an asian-inspired dragon as it seems to fit the bright colorings I would picture during the Chinese New Year, etc.

Touches of black also seem to go well with the above colors. I wonder if anybody has ever done a black/red/green combo with yellow highlights???

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Archived