PRODIGY THREAD: APPRENTICE

-(dp)-

So is there any potential in any of mine so far? Just wondering if I should pursue them and make them more fine tuned.

Another idea: Ladanian Tomlinson. The letters LT form together nicely, and I actually see somewhere where 21 can be hidden in negative space (between the L and the T a 2 can be put). Or a Jumpman type of logo silhouette could look very nice, with a picture of Tomlinson doing his signature leap over the pile at the goalline. Just an idea.

I like the reyes idea. The other, not so much. I also like the Tomlinson ideas. Hes also a good marketable player.

I was shoping for cleates alomst bought a pair of his shoes and he does have his already. Its LT in a lightning bolt.

Dang, I was just working on a logo for LT. I think he's a good player to pick but maybe we should pick an even younger up and coming athlete.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One last shot at the Calvin Johnson logo. Did it in the GIMP.

cj3np0.png

I posted this in the other thread before, but I'll be in NYC starting tomorrow morning and I'll be there through Sunday night. Its a 99% chance I won't be on a computer til Monday.

Agree, don't know if Rip is big enough to market well and have his own logo.

Several edits to my Reyes logo, including a whole new idea.

reyeslogo-1.png

1 - Replaced the star with a J for Jose. Also took Devin's advice and edited the leg to the R to make it look like, well, more like an R

2 - Same thing only extended the "legs and arms" of the J. Kind of looks like a D though.

3 - Whole new idea. Just a straight line to form the base of the R, a J making the top part of it, and a 7 making the bottom. This one has serifs.

4 - Same without serifs. My personal favorite, but it needs something more.

Maybe I could stray away from the robotic kind of look and make the lines curvy? I'll try that out.

Tell me if these are doing anything for you guys.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The top two dont work as far as making an R. Bottom left is the best. The seriffs make it clearer that theyre a J and 7 and somehow make it look...i dunno...fuller? The image of an R isnt as good as with the bottom right though.

Pretty good, though. I like em.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

The top two dont work as far as making an R. Bottom left is the best. The seriffs make it clearer that theyre a J and 7 and somehow make it look...i dunno...fuller? The image of an R isnt as good as with the bottom right though.

^what she said

Come on guys and girl, I want some more concepts rolling! Let's get it going here!

maz isn't a girl?

EDIT**

Several (specifically 9) variations on the Reyes logo the two above liked most. Just different parts colored in, different fonts and text variations, different backgrounds, etc. Everything's interchangeable of course.

reyeslogos2.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

^what she said

I KNEW we were gonna start fighting amongst ourselves, but I never knew itd be you whod start it with me! I mean, come on. I thought we were friends, man! Seriously, me? A girl? Do we not remember some of those old sigs I had? Whatsdamatta wit you?

I kid. I kid. Someones gotta keep us loose with humor. Think of me as out own Maxime Talbot (not that anyone whos not a pens fan or watched game 5 of the SCF will know who he is) :D

Faux in-fighting aside, I really like the version with the recolored 7. I'll see if I can come up with some more folks and ideas.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Chestnutz, I still think you should put a little bit of time into the Adrian Peterson one. The Reyes one, it seems like some of the pieces are forced, or not easy enough to make out. I think it has potential, if you work on it some more.

Okay, so does the Hester one have any potential or no? I put it on some clothing templates, and I think it looks pretty good. It seems like it would appeal to teenagers, who are probably more likely to wear an athlete's brand. I just like that it is something different than just a combination of initials and a number.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I thought it would be cool to try a Derek Jeter Air Jordan logo, being he uses the logo of MJ on his products. I think it turned out pretty well but it's just a fairly rough mockup, I'm hoping to go back in and add some more detail to the vector.

jeterjordan.png

Archived