Oakland A's Idea

pflava

The A's are in dire need of a change - they have more untapped uniform potential than any other MLB club, and yet they continue wearing their generic "Athletics" duds that should have been retired as soon as the 80's ended. It's not a terrible look, mind you, but they could do much better.

I lightened the green to where it looks, you know, green. I know it isn't as intimidating, but we can all handle it. Also, the home uniform is off white, because that just looks cool as hell. In all, it's a salute to the team's history in Philadelphia, Kansas City and Oakland. And I'm not crazy about solid colored alts, but you know they'd have one.

Oakland A's Concept

What's interesting is that you decide to go farther back in time as a response to their current look being essentially dated.

It's a nice concept and it does look good, but I don't see it as something they should wear over what they have now.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think, because you didn't use any wordmarks, you have managed to make them look even more boring. It looks ok, but not an improvement in my book. Also, road jerseys tend to have the city name or a letter representing the city, but yours doesn't. I think the road jersey needs to say Oakland. Off-white seems pointless, too. Why copy their rivals across the bay, the Giants?

So, would the team be wearing off-white shoes as well?

But seriously, I'm not a big fan of the only difference between your home/road/alt jerseys being the color. The home is fine, but with the gorgeous wordmark they used on their throwback uniforms this year, there's no reason why the A's can't have a great-looking and distinct road uniform.

Archived