EPL to NHL: Newcastle

heernumurr

I started this some time last year but never got round to finishing it. But thanks to Hathaway Browne's Leicester Tigers hockey concept inspiring me and and time in between CCSLC Apprentice stuff, here's the finished article.

Decided to keep everything really simple, keeping the black and white of the Newcastle football team. I tried vertical stripes but they just look wrong on a hockey jersey, and that's the reason I've only used two colours. Without the trademark Newcastle stripes, it was the best way I could keep a bit of that identity.

Since this is only loosely inspired by the football team, I used different imagery for the logo. Check out the Angel of the North on wikipedia if you don't recognise it. I know it's probably not strictly in Newcastle, but it is heavily associated with the city.

sheet.png

Anyway, this was just a quick boredom reliever, but I might update it further when I've got more time. C&C is always appreciated, I look forward to hearing your verdict!

Wow my (screen)name in lights!! :P

You know, I'm not a huge fan of the Angel (although I'm warming to it), but you've certainly helped it look cool with that! ^_^ I'm by no means in a place to really criticise, but the only issue I see it that it seems that the body of the sculpture seems to be just that on the jersey (ie no wings). Maybe you could incorporate a bit of the wing pattern? Then again that might make it look too fussy.. :rolleyes:

6893352392_587cf4e9eb_n.jpg

The first thing I thought of when I looked at it was a pepper grinder. However after looking up a picture of the Angel of the North, I like it. The way you incorporated the wings as a stripe a la the Canadiens is clever. My only suggestion is maybe to add some silver outlines as accents around the white areas to separate the body of the Angel of the north from the white.

I see an Oscars statue with a thick band behind it. Sorry.....

Ditto...

Otherwise, I like the Jersey itself, good compromise between the two sports.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived