Detroit Shock signs Nancy Liebermann

scraw28

LOL, didn't she used to be the Shock's coach?

I believe that is the second time I've heard of someone coaching a team one year...then return another season as a player. Bobby Reynolds did it with the Generals two years ago. <_<

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

I believe that is the second time I've heard of someone coaching a team one year...then return another season as a player. Bobby Reynolds did it with the Generals two years ago. <_<

Magic Johnson coached the Lakers late in the 1992-93 season and came back to play three years later.

Edit: It was actually in 1993-94 when Magic coached the Lakers.

Magic Johnson coached the Lakers late in the 1992-93 season and came back to play three years later.

Ah yes, I forgot about that one. Was Magic's comeback before or after his late night talk show? :D

Bloodhound.gif

felix_thinking_zps5e4863e9.gif?t=1380931

Ah yes, I forgot about that one. Was Magic's comeback before or after his late night talk show? :D

The talk show came after the playing comeback. His talk show lasted for about eight weeks in the summer of '98. Here in Los Angeles, it was on against Jerry Springer, the local network news, reruns of Martin Lawrence's old sitcom, and Seinfeld (IIRC)...and of course got trounced in the ratings.

As for Liberman...wish her the best in the comeback.

Archived