Major League Wiffleball

ldswoosh33

North:

Puerto Rico Coquis (a tree frog, it is a very important part of Puerto Rican culture, and has become an unofficial national symbol)

Costa Rica Tortugas (tortuga is Spanish for turtle, and there are plenty in their Tortugero National Park)

Nicaragua Papagayos (a periodic wind which blows through the namesake lake)

South:

Brazil Pirahnas (plenty in the Amazon)

Peru Llamas (a natural beast of burden there)

Chile Condors (condor is on national seal)

Argentina Gauchos (their equivalent to our cowboys)

Venezuela Troupials (the national bird of Venezuela-I love baseball teams with bird names!)

Proposed Expansion:

Cuba Cigars

Boston Lobsters

The bold are ones I like. Cigars (Not so much), Gauchos (Colorado Cowboys are already est.), Coquis (good but i don't really know), Papagayos (okay, but maybe Toucans would work?)

Glad you like my suggestions!

You can change any of the other ones you're not sure about, but the one I feel strongest about is the Puerto Rico Coquis. The logo could show a frog leaping up to catch a fly ball (I'd design it, but I'm a terrible artist)

v40P3lq.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, how about the Nicaragua Toucans? Main Creast to the left, Cap logo to the right....

toucans.jpg

I like it. don't really know why there is a w on the wiffle ball in the background of the toucan, but it looks great.

I forgot to take that off befor I posted it... I was trying to fit MLW on there, didn't remember to fix it, everyone please pretend the W is not there, TX

franchise.jpg

Cuba Missles

Cuba Castros

lol

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Bumped it up...Didn't want to see this thread die

Yeah, we know. I just don't understand why you are so obsessed with this thread. I mean, ldswoosh is doing an alright job but it really is nothing fantastic. We have a lot great threads on this sub-forum, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to branch out.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived