Michigan State changes uniforms once again......

GFB

What I do hate about UM is the "Wal-Mart Wolverine" rednecks who have no affiliation with the university bragging about beating MSU year in and year out. (end mini-rant).

Oh, I get it, that is supposed to describe me. Ha! I said something good about the uniforms, and couldn't have a whole post about State saying only good things, so I took a little shot at them. I have lived in Lansing my whole life, and believe me, I hear it plenty during basketball season, and it is no different. State has fans who didn't go there also, which doesn't bother me at all. As long as they are a true fan, and follow them whether they are good or bad, in all sports, it is fine with me. I am not sure why it would bother you.

Anyways, back on topic. I think if state put the wordmark from the basketball jerseys on the football jerseys, the uniforms would be pretty close to perfect for them. Why use a generic font when you have a custom wordmark, which looks very good?

MegatronSig2.jpg

I wish they'd take a cue from the basketball team and just go with STATE. It strengthens their identity when you know exactly what State they're talking about.

Problem is that there are a bunch of States. Oklahoma State does a "STATE" with "Oklahoma" in smaller letters. Mississippi State does the big block "M" with "STATE" across it. If you're not a huge college sports fan, someone splashing just "STATE" across the uniform isn't going to tell you much.

But it's GREEN. They do it for BB, why not football?

2004024320db4.jpg

It reminds me too much of TV commercials and other things where there's something with sports but it's only minor and they just generically assign a team as "State" and that's all you know them by. There's also sometimes "Tech" or "A&M."

What I do hate about UM is the "Wal-Mart Wolverine" rednecks who have no affiliation with the university bragging about beating MSU year in and year out. (end mini-rant).

Oh, I get it, that is supposed to describe me. Ha! I said something good about the uniforms, and couldn't have a whole post about State saying only good things, so I took a little shot at them. I have lived in Lansing my whole life, and believe me, I hear it plenty during basketball season, and it is no different. State has fans who didn't go there also, which doesn't bother me at all. As long as they are a true fan, and follow them whether they are good or bad, in all sports, it is fine with me. I am not sure why it would bother you.

Anyways, back on topic. I think if state put the wordmark from the basketball jerseys on the football jerseys, the uniforms would be pretty close to perfect for them. Why use a generic font when you have a custom wordmark, which looks very good?

I wasn't trying to start anything, I was just stating my opinion. I have no idea where you went to school. I do agree that if the wordmarks were consistent with basketball and football it would be better, but I am not a huge fan of the basketball wordmark either. I guess there is just no pleasing me!

I wasn't trying to start anything, I was just stating my opinion. I have no idea where you went to school. I do agree that if the wordmarks were consistent with basketball and football it would be better, but I am not a huge fan of the basketball wordmark either. I guess there is just no pleasing me!

Maybe I will try doing a concept for State. How do you think the fans would react if a small amount of gray/silver was added to the uniforms, like the basketball uniforms? Would that be a bad idea?

MegatronSig2.jpg

Maybe I will try doing a concept for State. How do you think the fans would react if a small amount of gray/silver was added to the uniforms, like the basketball uniforms? Would that be a bad idea?

Now we are thinking the same! I have always thought MSU could work in some more silver.

Now we are thinking the same! I have always thought MSU could work in some more silver.

I just finished the concept. You can find the thread in the concepts section.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived