Florida Marlins Re-Do

StarsHockey

First concept, not the best.

Here are the logos:

NewMarlins.gif

And the jerseys:

Marlins-2.gif

Again, my first concept, but I hope y'all like it.

I'm only 14, but I want to be a web designer when I'm older.

C&C Welcome.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Not bad, a few things though.

Either teal or orange, not both. They don't mix very well together in the capacity that you're using them.

I'm going to have to pass on the original "Florida" lettering, the current Marlins' script is one of my favorites in baseball, and very underrated in my opinion. Plus, you have the current Florida script displayed but not used anywhere. This gives you a total of 3 different fonts (Marlins Logo, Marlins/Florida script, Florida lettering) but you're really only utilizing two, I'd consolodate to make more of a consistent identity.

Tons of teal on the home, almost none on the away. Tons of orange on the away, almost none on the home. See where I'm going? Like I said previously, pick and chose, create an identity, we don't need another Washington Nationals :P

"Florida" at home and "Marlins" on the road? Switch those.

However, for your first concept this is clean and crisp, good work. Look forward to your updates if you make any.

Not bad, a few things though.

Either teal or orange, not both. They don't mix very well together in the capacity that you're using them.

I'm going to have to pass on the original "Florida" lettering, the current Marlins' script is one of my favorites in baseball, and very underrated in my opinion. Plus, you have the current Florida script displayed but not used anywhere. This gives you a total of 3 different fonts (Marlins Logo, Marlins/Florida script, Florida lettering) but you're really only utilizing two, I'd consolodate to make more of a consistent identity.

Tons of teal on the home, almost none on the away. Tons of orange on the away, almost none on the home. See where I'm going? Like I said previously, pick and chose, create an identity, we don't need another Washington Nationals :P

"Florida" at home and "Marlins" on the road? Switch those.

However, for your first concept this is clean and crisp, good work. Look forward to your updates if you make any.

The Florida script was to be used on a bp jersey, which I didn't do and forgot to mention in the post.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Try going with a orange that's not so harsh, I know that it is their actual colour, but this much of it is hard on the eyes. I think if it is a little softer it might be OK. As well I would be interested to see the concept as a Miami instead of a Florida, as that is what they will end up being. Good work, nice and clean.

franchise.jpg

A little less orange here:

Marlins-1.gif

usajohnson.gif

Hometown Heroes

You might want to go with Miami Marlins as that will be their new name shortly.

Also, I don't think the orange on the fish fins really fits. Marlins don't have orange highlights.

I do like the teal and orange combo. It works for the dolphins just fine.

Everyone loves a roundel.

For the most part, I like the combination of blue, orange, and black that you're using. One thing I would definitely change is the way you have the orange on the fin and blue on the side. Compare that to this picture of an actual marlin, and you'll see that it's the opposite of how acutal marlins are colored.

fd_bluemarliin.jpg

The "Marlins" wordmark (teal outlined in orange) looks sharp. I'd like to see that instead on their home jersey.

One problem is it's way too similar to the Miami Dolphins colors, I think they'd prefer more of a difference from each other. In fact, I think that is why they went with black and silver to compliment the teal instead of orange.

Drop the white sleeves with the teal vests like a bad habit. Batters would complain so much about not being able to see the ball that the league probably wouldn't even allow a team to wear white long sleeves.

I'm not a big fan of colored vests anyway, but your design is your prerogative.

As far as I remember, only the Rockies use a colored vest with different-color sleeves, and that gets ridiculed pretty often. I think we have seen that kind of combination in the Little League World Series too much to think of it as a Major League design.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Do I have to even say anything about this lol? Everyone but me seems to like the idea of the Fish using orange for some reason. I need a standard Marlins response that I can copy in haha.

As for being a first concept, it is pretty well executed. Besides my personal bias against any orange whatsoever, here's some issues I have with the set:

-The cap logo change is much better, although the orange fins simply do not work, which leaves little place for it without making a whole new logo.

-Lose the old Florida script. The current one is much, much better in my opinion.

-the gray road is the best of the uniforms, but the numbers are a little tough to read.

Again not bad for a first concept, but I must once again say that in my opinion orange has no place in the Marlins color scheme, pre- or post-Miami.

Archived