Motor City FC

MADVILLAIN

Hey gang! MADVILLAIN here with my first ever concept! And so I am fully prepared and looking forward to your comments and criticisms. Basically, the idea is an MLS team for the Detroit area. The color scheme is similar to that of my favorite club, Arsenal FC. I also chose a circular "wheel" crest because I thought it went well with the whole Motor City idea. Kits are on the way soon, if I can find those dang MLS numbers somehow.

motorcityfcer0.gif

Kind of odd that you used the offset striping from the Union Jack for what I assume is supposed to be wheel struts.

I didn't get the striping from the Union Jack and, although it looks vaguely similar in comparison, I doubt most people would make that connection. Even so, I don't think it takes away from the design at all.

the type doesn't match the path of the circle. The whole piece feels a little too tight, a little claustrophobic - too much cramed into too little space.

Gordie's right, but it's worth saying that the concept is great. I like the colors. I LOVE the name. The execution just needs a few improvements. Nice work on a first try. Way better than I'd be able to do.

Thanks for the comments guys, they're greatly appreciated. And I definitely hear what you're saying, Gordie. The text alignment should be an easy fix but as far as making it less crammed any suggestions?? And the olde english D is not the same as the Tigers and I used it because it's iconic to the city. That said though I'm totally open to any other ideas for the center logo, possibly a Detroit landmark or something. And can anyone point me in the direction of an MLS number template?

Again, I'm totally new to this and I just got illustrator a few days ago but I've been eager to start designing!

Archived