Chicago Tigers

PWG44

another uni design from the same contest as this one ---> http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=60807

again i did not come up with the team names or colors... just the uni design...

i really like this one... it helps that i'm a proud chicagoan...

not that i'm a lakers fan but i've always liked how their two main jerseys are non-white... i like it so much i made my men's league hockey uni's that way...

anyway... here they are...

Chicago-Tigers.jpg

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

I like these. Simple yet unique and good looking. I like the decision to make a Yellow jersey instead if White.

These are not perfect, though. The problems I found are; the sleeve numbers on the Blue shirt seem illegible, the name on the Yellow shirt looks like its Navy, and the names in general seem too small. Maybe pick a different font for them so they can be taller but will still accommodate more letters width-wise. Just my two cents. I do like the way you are making these fake teams look though, very nice.

another uni design from the same contest as this one ---> http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=60807

not that i'm a lakers fan but i've always liked how their two main jerseys are non-white... i like it so much i made my men's league hockey uni's that way...

Chicago-Tigers.jpg

I admire your work, so please accept my remarks as constructive criticism. When I first saw your your logo I immediately thought "University of Cincinnati." And the over-the-sleeve arm stripes definitely say "Euro" to me and the Euros couldn't make a decent uniform to save their rear end. And while we're on my Euro-bashing rant the all-Blue, all-Gold look say "Sweden." Nothing against Sweden though. Those things aside, you do need bigger letters and a better numeral font. The ones used look out of place on a jersey.

I like these. Simple yet unique and good looking. I like the decision to make a Yellow jersey instead if White.

These are not perfect, though. The problems I found are; the sleeve numbers on the Blue shirt seem illegible, the name on the Yellow shirt looks like its Navy, and the names in general seem too small. Maybe pick a different font for them so they can be taller but will still accommodate more letters width-wise. Just my two cents. I do like the way you are making these fake teams look though, very nice.

agreed on all accounts... i have no defense my good man... this is no excuse, but i blame hastiness and complete disregard for thoroughness on my part... to be honest, i'm spending 45 minutes max (this one was maybe 20-30 min.) on these at the end of my work day to blow off some steam during a crummy patch at the paying gig...

I have my own fantasy leagues i've been working on since i was in 8th grade... i'm never happy with those and rarely share them because i've spent so much time on those and they are close to my heart... but i end up posting some soon...

I wasn't pleased with the specified colors either... did i mention that? i'm not choosing the colors... they are predetermined... making this a bit more challenging... especially on this one... the yellow and gray are too close in tone... i actually made the yellow a bit lighter than the specified yellow... don't tell anyone i broke the rules...

i really appreciate your comments, time + enthusiasm

Nice...just one thing though, in your preview at the bottom it says LA Saints, lol

HA! :hockeysmiley: i will revise that and ERAY's crits and repost...

Chicago-Tigers.jpg

I admire your work, so please accept my remarks as constructive criticism. When I first saw your your logo I immediately thought "University of Cincinnati." And the over-the-sleeve arm stripes definitely say "Euro" to me and the Euros couldn't make a decent uniform to save their rear end. And while we're on my Euro-bashing rant the all-Blue, all-Gold look say "Sweden." Nothing against Sweden though. Those things aside, you do need bigger letters and a better numeral font. The ones used look out of place on a jersey.

thanks for the comments... and know that i respond in kind, professionally and constructive... with nothing but respect, using my educated skills and 15 years of professional graphic design experience...

i definitely earned the comparison with u of cinci... didn't even realize it until you mentioned it... ah, well :wacko: i like mine better though... :P who was it that said there are no original ideas anymore? John Lennon, Paul Rand... dunno, somebody smarter than me...

i kinda see where the numbers maybe reminiscent of the euro feel... the stripes are meant as a tribute to the tiger... not in a literal cinci bengals way (there's that damn city again :P ), but in a metaphoric way... thus a vertical piping... and i've always wanted to creat a uni with vertical stripes... other than my poor execution on the numbers, etc. (see ERAY's crits) but i can't say that the euro feel isn't good design... just maybe overused in europe...

at the same time, sweden never entered my head... sweden's uni's are really well done... maybe i should have done some research on them, ha! :hockeysmiley: ... but i can't not be allowed to use blue and yellow... 1. because i had to use the specified colors... and 2. sweden can't be they only team to use blue and yellow... they don't can't copyright colors...

all good points and i appreciate the time... the discussion has made a fun "blowing off of steam" even more fun...

the next team i'm going to attempt is another provided franchise... milwaukee crudsaders

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

I think the claw circles are off center from the "C"

they are... it was intended... create tangents and off-center to create thirds... more designer BS... :hockeysmiley:

um not really. It just makes the logo look sloppy. More designer BS.....

um, in your opinion (which i respectfully disagree with)... when i say designer BS, i'm giving myself a jab... with the right jargon a designer can sell anything... good or bad... i wasn't trying to down play your comments... if i did, i apologize...

"not really" what? if you can explain better i can come up with a better response...

until then i blame the small amount of time i spent on these... i think we all know if these ideas were being presented to a ownership group, months would have been spent, not minutes... they are far from perfect... they're for fun: quick, down + dirty... i ask that be kept in mind...

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

Archived