Prodigy Thread: Apprentice Challenge 7

mania

With the plans coming down the pike that we will not be losing one, I guess this makes it a good time to get the ball rolling.

1976 NBA Finals in San Francisco

Teams: Boston Celtics & Milwaukee Bucks

or

1936 NFL Championship in New York City

Teams: Green Bay Packers & Boston Redskins

I chose this, primarily because I think San Fran and NYC are easier to work into logos, and the idea of doing something 70s really jumped at me... would be an opportunity to have a lot of fun working up a disco era thing.

We choose between these two, and Optimus chooses between the other two.

I say:

1976 NBA Finals in San Francisco

Teams: Boston Celtics & Milwaukee Bucks

With that, I say we stray away from using the trophy and "finals" font, and go towards something funky.

Lets get wild with it, but still look good.

oBIgzrL.png

Ill take it if yinz want me to. Itll be alittle hard to be as contributive as before (looking back...man...has it been that long since this thing started?).

All I know is that the final presentation will have to be done by the afternoon of the 15th, or sometime during the day on the 16th - as long as I have it before 9pm on the 16th.

oBIgzrL.png

Some pretty common ideas i'm just going to get out there...

A basketball that looks like a disco ball

Maybe the NBA trophy with a disco ball instead of the basketball

I'm trying to think of San Francisco, and obviously the bridge and cable cars come to mind first. How we can incorporate something basketball into that I'm still trying to think of. I've been thinking of ways to contort 1976 into something, but can't muster anything up

Obviously we're going to want to do a pretty groovy font. stars? colors of San Francisco? let's let our minds run free on this one

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Guys I'm afraid I've got some reallly bad news. From now on I won't be able to come up with any concepts, as for some reason my laptop blew out. It had everything on it, all the additions I've made to internet, widgets, my desktop, my graphic programs, files, everything. I'm the only one in my family who had any of those programs, so it's a big shame I can't use anything now. I had some ideas I was going to vectorize tonight as well, but now I can't.

One idea is to have the numbers 1976 sort of slanted down diagonally right, maybe put a rolling ball on top or something in a really retro font as well. This would signify the street hills in San Fran.

Another would be a triple outlined 1976 with the last outline forming the golden gate bridge on top.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Okay, I am having a lot of trouble with this one. I am not getting many ideas, and the challenge limits what you can do a little bit. I don't think we want to overdo the era. I mean, I think the imagery should fit the city more than the era. If we do the finals one, we don't want to overdo it with 70's imagery. A lot of that is how WE view the 70's anyways, not necessarily how it actually was. For example, if you go look at the Super Bowl logos from the 70's, they probably look nothing like what we have in our head as being from that era.

Anyways, like I said, I haven't come up with much, but just for the sake of hopefully getting something going, here is one idea:

FinalsLogo1.png

It is supposed to resemble a cable car, without being too obvious. It is not much, but maybe it will help with ideas. I don't know, but we were going nowhere.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Maz, I think I might work on your top left idea. Chestnutz, I am guessing that is supposed to be a cable car, right? I like it, but I think there are too many lines at the top and bottom, that make it look a little less like a cable car. Also, what league are these FINALS for? The year and place seem like an afterthought. The edges of the letters are lines don't really match each other. These are mostly small problems though, I think it has potential.

I will work on Maz's idea, and try to come up with some others.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived