Any advice?

Bayne

Hi there

I've been working on this logo for an unoffical Australian supporters group behind the bid to host the 2018 soccer World Cup. Anyway, this is what ive come up with so far...but im not really happy with it. And Im not sure if I need to start again, or if I can just modify this and that. Either way, Im a little stumped as to what needs to be done..

Any help/advice?

Behinditcoloured2.jpg

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Hi there

I've been working on this logo for an unoffical Australian supporters group behind the bid to host the 2018 soccer World Cup. Anyway, this is what ive come up with so far...but im not really happy with it. And Im not sure if I need to start again, or if I can just modify this and that. Either way, Im a little stumped as to what needs to be done..

Any help/advice?

Behinditcoloured2.jpg

I'd think the biggest thing that's missing is the year. Most logos I've seen that support the bringing of an event to a city (i.e. the Olympics or the FIFA World Cup,) contain the year somewhere. Also, what exactly is the shape for? What does the yellow 'streak' represent? Why is it in a circle and a lobe shape? Also, is 'behind it' a common phrase used to specifically support this cause? (It sounds funny to me, but that may be because I'm not Australian.)

I really like the Southern Cross. I think that should stay in any design you come up with for a final piece. Also, I like the use of Australia's atheletic colors. I guess that's a fairly obvious thing to do, but I think it's a really solid choice.

Hi there

Any help/advice?

Behinditcoloured2.jpg

I'd think the biggest thing that's missing is the year. Most logos I've seen that support the bringing of an event to a city (i.e. the Olympics or the FIFA World Cup,) contain the year somewhere.

It would also help to include what it is you are supporting. Unless, as Ted said, the reference is fairly obviously to Australians, there is no way of knowing that you are referring to the FIFA World Cup.

EDIT: P.S. This thread probably belongs in "Concepts" (and you'll probably get more feedback there). You may want to PM a moderator to see if you can get it moved.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

First thing that jumps out at me is that it is not a perfect circle. That part would have to change. I dont know which program you used but a good cirlce shape should be easy to make. I do like the way the word "it" is in a different color than the "behind" and then doesnt need any space between words, which you did. That part I like and would keep. I know that soccer balls have many different designs on them but this one doesnt really scream obvious soccer ball to me. Maybe it is because Im not a huge soccer fan and thus a little less familiar than most soccer fans about it, but I still think it should be really obvious it is a soccer ball

Archived