Clinton Portis Agrees To Deal With Redskins

CrookedThumb

wow... the highest paid RB in history? Portis is good -- but goddamn -- he's certainly not the best RB in the league. I think the Redskins will regret the day they set themselves up for Salary cap damnation and paid him this much money.

Portis has NEVER played without a top 5 Offensive line -- in the NFL or NCAA.

If anyone deserves that much money, it's Tomlinson.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't know why Denver is doing this. Who will be their RB now. To just assume they are gonna have another top RB would be ignorant.

Quentin Griffin showed a flash of brilliance in Indy during the reg. season, and given the Broncos track record of producing top RBs (remember, they've still got Mike Anderson too), I can see the thinking behind this... drawing on a strength (RBs) to help address a weakness (DBs)... but I'm still sad to see Portis go... now my jersey's out of date.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

as much as I'd love for hearst to bounce from my favorite team to my 2nd favorite team... after this trade, Bronco's don't have the cap room to sign Hearst.

Look at the Broncos last few drafts, free agent pickups and tell me that they weren't trying their asses off to find a lock down corner. now they got one at the expense of a position they can fill rather easily.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yep, STL.

And consider -- none of those RB's were taken in the 1st round. I'm not sure about Quentin Griffin, but I don't think he was first day. Hell, other than Portis, I don't think ANY of them weretaken on the first day of the draft.

Mike Shanahan has an eye for RB's. So if they have to get rid of Anderson which seems like a possibility, don't put it past this coaching staff to take a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.

This coaching staff has said in the past that they can make any RB a 1,500 yard runner -- and up to this point, they've been correct.

*edit - Also -- I was thinking, they could've added players to this. The Redskins could add Trung Canidate and the Broncos could add something like Dwayne Carswell, who's a capable NFL TE. Surely Shanahan could do more with Canidate than Quentin Griffin and the Gibbs system DOES need a TE. But my thought process went back to the fact that the Redskins sucked BADLY and will take Kellen Winslow with the 5th pick in the draft.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived