Completed teams:

Anaheim Ducks

Atlanta Thrashers

St. Louis Blues

Florida Panthers

Ottawa Senators

Carolina Hurricanes

Tampa Bay Lightning

I feel that the current Coyotes logos (the primary, Arizona alternate and moon) are better than the new paw print logo. I was torn between putting the primary on the alternate or putting the new full body coyote there. I will make one with the full body coyote if it might look better.

The sand color that the Coyotes, as of now don't use much is utilized more, mainly in the striping.

Home uniform:

PHXCoyotesHome.png

Away uniform:

PHXCoyotesAway.png

Home alternate uniform:

PHXCoyotesHomeAlternate.png

i just want to make an observation. to me, too many people make an alt that is just a recolored version of the home or away uniform. alts should be different. in my opinion, vastly different then the current set. sure there have been some hit and misses because of this, but take a chance. the worst thing you can have is a jersey that will last only 15 games (if that many).

i just want to make an observation. to me, too many people make an alt that is just a recolored version of the home or away uniform. alts should be different. in my opinion, vastly different then the current set. sure there have been some hit and misses because of this, but take a chance. the worst thing you can have is a jersey that will last only 15 games (if that many).

I am pretty sure the thinking behind this is simple. Once you have a home and road design in place, and the fans like it and are comfortable with it, and are buying it, why make something drastically different? For a concept just for fun I totally agree with you. But out in the real world I think doing something vastly different has proven to annoy people and alienate fans that thought they knew what to expect from their team. Making jerseys that would last 15 games or less, and would never, ever catch on as a rallying point for the fan base is basically a waste of time and money. Besides, making a jersey that is very different from your standard designs is saying, ?Our traditional home and away sweaters are good, and we know you like them, but we think this is the direction we are headed in; flames and gradients and giant cartoon characters. Hope you are on board.? For concepts I say go crazy, but I just thought I would try to rationalize why some people recolor to make alternates, it is based on what works in real life.

As for the concept, I dislike the use of Black, even though it isn't over-bearing, it is still too much. They look fine to me with just Brick Red and Desert Sand. I do like the simplicity, new numbers, and use of more Desert Sand though.

Thats perfect except for the black jersey. The black as a accent looks good on the home and aways but the black jersey just seems pointless.

Maybe the black jersey is pointless, but I made one because the Coyotes are going to have a black jersey this season.

I agree that alternate jerseys should be different some of the time; however, if an alternate is a recolored version of the home or away and looks good then why not?

I am pretty sure the thinking behind this is simple. Once you have a home and road design in place, and the fans like it and are comfortable with it, and are buying it, why make something drastically different? For a concept just for fun I totally agree with you. But out in the real world I think doing something vastly different has proven to annoy people and alienate fans that thought they knew what to expect from their team. Making jerseys that would last 15 games or less, and would never, ever catch on as a rallying point for the fan base is basically a waste of time and money. Besides, making a jersey that is very different from your standard designs is saying, ?Our traditional home and away sweaters are good, and we know you like them, but we think this is the direction we are headed in; flames and gradients and giant cartoon characters. Hope you are on board.? For concepts I say go crazy, but I just thought I would try to rationalize why some people recolor to make alternates, it is based on what works in real life.

As for the concept, I dislike the use of Black, even though it isn't over-bearing, it is still too much. They look fine to me with just Brick Red and Desert Sand. I do like the simplicity, new numbers, and use of more Desert Sand though.

Yeah, I used a font similar to the Coyotes' old numbers (I modified the heck out of the Houston Texans' numbers), and I feel that the inclusin of Desert Sand really completes the set. It's too bad the Coyotes don't use their Desert Sand color at least a little more.

I'm sure at least one person has posted literally this exact same concept before (with maybe the exception of the piping on the pants). I even had it saved because I liked it, though I don't have it anymore.

Maybe. I hope you are not saying that I copied anyone's concept because I did not; All of my work is original and any similarities between mine and anyone else's concept is strictly coincidence. The way I see it, if somebody previously did a concept similar to mine, they have great taste. :)

Archived