Rangers Garage Sale

pixel

Other than Jagr, I don't know who else they have that could be considered a 'big name guy'. Lindros if he returns may be a point of interest for some teams, Nedved perhaps, but he hasn't been that spectacular. Maybe its itme for hte Rangers to jsut get some draft picks, and start teh hard process of rebuilding the franchise, raise some stars throught your farm system instead of buying them, obviously buying hasn't worked over the past few years.

Washington and Carolina might have some salary left to dump...The Caps don't have much left but Olaf could be leavin too.

If St. Louis keeps sliding and don't turn things around, they might find themselves dumping a few names, but tht's only if they find themselves on the outside of the Picture

BTW, just checked the standings to see that Tampa Bay is tied for the Eastern Conference lead, never did I think that I would see the Lightning as Conference Leaders....<shudder>

Tank, who would you rather have, Anson Carter or Jagr? Remember that the Rangers don't care about salary. Jagr is a much better player. The only way to get rid of Carter was another team's salary dump. Thus, the trade WAS a good one.

Anyway, the exciting thing about this year is that the East has 6 (Tampa Bay, Philly, Ottawa, Toronto, New Jersey, Boston) or 7 (Montreal?) teams that have the chance to win the Stanley Cup. It's gonna be a hell of a playoff.

Tank, who would you rather have, Anson Carter or Jagr? Remember that the Rangers don't care about salary. Jagr is a much better player. The only way to get rid of Carter was another team's salary dump. Thus, the trade WAS a good one.

Anyway, the exciting thing about this year is that the East has 6 (Tampa Bay, Philly, Ottawa, Toronto, New Jersey, Boston) or 7 (Montreal?) teams that have the chance to win the Stanley Cup. It's gonna be a hell of a playoff.

I think the Habs are abit of a stretch for this year. They are getting more consistent, Theodore is playing well, Ribero and Ryder look like they will turn out to be great players, but that might not be enough to get them by for this season

Tank, who would you rather have, Anson Carter or Jagr? Remember that the Rangers don't care about salary.  Jagr is a much better player.  The only way to get rid of Carter was another team's salary dump.  Thus, the trade WAS a good one.

Anyway, the exciting thing about this year is that the East has 6 (Tampa Bay, Philly, Ottawa, Toronto, New Jersey, Boston) or 7 (Montreal?) teams that have the chance to win the Stanley Cup.  It's gonna be a hell of a playoff.

I think the Habs are abit of a stretch for this year. They are getting more consistent, Theodore is playing well, Ribero and Ryder look like they will turn out to be great players, but that might not be enough to get them by for this season

I guess it all depends on how much of an impact Kovalev has on the team.

As long as the Rangers keep up this firesale, they'll be back in the playoffs in two years.

-* This coming from the man who predicted the Lightning would be one of the best teams in the NHL in a couple of years, and the Thrashers would be also be one of the tops in a few more in 2001 *-

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well now Jagr's rotten additude will just make things harder truth be told they shoudl have never gotten Carter to begin with.

I'm soooo sorry. I was wrong. They shouldn't have traded Carter for Jagr! All they had to do was hop in the wayback machine and undo the trade he had done! Silly, silly me!

Every team takes risks. Sometimes they don't work. You have to do your best to correct them. That's what the Rangers did.

Anyways.....

Montreal has the ability. They have two goalies who can get red hot. I'm hopin'.

-* This coming from the man who predicted the Lightning would be one of the best teams in the NHL in a couple of years, and the Thrashers would be also be one of the tops in a few more in 2001 *-

Here is hopign the second half of that statement comes true as well!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Jagr is an ingrate he does not even see it fit to pay his taxes, he is lucky he can come tothis country and play hockey and he dont have the deciancy to respect our rules. He should have been thrown in jail. Like the rest f us woudl have in teh same situation.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived