Washington Nationals Concept

LMU

This is the best baseball concept I've seen ever on this board, I think. I would absolutely love to see these in real life. The road jersey is an amazing concept especially, because most road jerseys are usually blah, but this one is actually exciting. I would love to see you try other teams.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

I like the blue but that is mainly because I disagree with the vast majority in the sense that I think politics should affect uniforms in Washington. When the dems are in I'd like to see blue. When the reps are in I'd like to see Red.

Also, Would it have been possible to have flipped the old Expos "M" upside down inorder to get a mixture of blue/red to work with any uni combo?

I like the changes. I was thinking a little smaller with the stars, but it came out pretty good. I know that the double-stripes were there because of the flag, but maybe it'd look more consistent with the piping if it was only a single stripe? I guess you could make the case that the piping is actually two stripes (one on each side of the placket) but I'm not sure that I agree with that. Since the color of the stripes / stars has been changed anyway, it doesn't have to be as literal of an interpretation of the flag.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Although many would want to see the interlocking "DC," with the way that ownership is leaning, that's not happening, so the pretzel "W" remains. I thought of using a "Nationals" script wordmark, but I didn't really see that working, as it would become overly generic, so I decided to use the W as a stand-alone chest logo. I also thought of using pinstripes, but with the Phillies, Mets, and Marlins already featuring them in the division, I wanted to avoid that. I also went with a navy-dominant scheme, since the Phillies already feature red in the division, and I also wanted to use less red than the Braves to keep the set relatively unique in the division. Additionally, I used the DC flag as a sleeve patch, to identify more with the city.

nats-1.png

Pretty Cool. I like the blue alternate over their current red.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived