Washington Nationals Concept

LMU

Although many would want to see the interlocking "DC," with the way that ownership is leaning, that's not happening, so the pretzel "W" remains. I thought of using a "Nationals" script wordmark, but I didn't really see that working, as it would become overly generic, so I decided to use the W as a stand-alone chest logo. I also thought of using pinstripes, but with the Phillies, Mets, and Marlins already featuring them in the division, I wanted to avoid that. I also went with a navy-dominant scheme, since the Phillies already feature red in the division, and I also wanted to use less red than the Braves to keep the set relatively unique in the division. Additionally, I used the DC flag as a sleeve patch, to identify more with the city.

nats-1.png

VmWIn6B.png

the Washington script is gorgeous. I kinda miss the number font, but it still looks great with a standard block

Well, the Washington script is actually the one they're putting on the roads for this season. I just traced it and inverted the colors to work with a navy-predominant scheme.

And habsfan, I contemplated using a red scheme, but A-I thought that the Phillies had claim over red in the NL East, and B-I wanted to go navy to distance the team from the Texas-bound Senators.

VmWIn6B.png

First of all, using the curly W exclusively is, and always will be, the way to go for the Nationals. However I've always disliked the Nats reliance on navy, and the jury is still out on the new script for me, but I love the way they look combined. Nice job on the roads.

Although, I usually prefer scripts to single/double letter logos on the breast, the home jersey is growing on me. But, I think the BP or alternate (preferably the BP) jersey would better be served with something along the lines of "Nats" across the front.

For basically using all the elements I dislike about the current set, you made it come together very nicely. Crisp and clean too, good work LMU.

I think it's just too "easy" to put a city / state / province / country flag patch on a jersey. I like the idea, but I think there has to be a better way to pull it off than by slapping a flag on the sleeve. One idea (that may suck, but I'll put it out there anyway) would be to have two stripes on the left sleeve, and just have three little stars above the top stripe. It wouldn't be as obvious, and could be one of those little quirks that stays part of their tradition down the road as they eventually change sets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Updated. BBtV, I took your advice on the sleeve striping pattern. I went double-stripe on both sleeves so that it doesn't look too out-of-balance, and added three stars on the left sleeve. If the stars look like they're trailing away from the striping, it's because of the Majestic logo that's wedged in there.

Also, in terms of the BP jersey, I'm using the one I am because it is in fact their current BP jersey, and I think that it works, because it was essentially based on the direction I wanted to head with this.

VmWIn6B.png

I can't see the updated set yet, but I think that the Majestic logo belongs on the right sleeve, so there shouldn't be any contention with the stripes.

pMLB2-1777457dt.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Photobucket seems to be keeping the old one up for some reason. I deleted it while I drop the Majestic logos, then I'll throw it back up and see what happens.

EDIT: Refresh, should be up now.

VmWIn6B.png

I think it looks good. Regarding the home, I think a simpler approach would make it even better. I'd ditch the navy on the homes and have a simple red curly-W with red placket piping. Really go minimalist. I thnk going that route would make the W stand out even more. That might mean you have to tone down the red on the away version, but I like that the Nationals are a "red" team at home and a "blue" team on the road.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

these are pretty slick, but overall IMO they remind me too much of the Rangers. I think the Nats should emphasize the Red/Gold combo, which no other team really uses, and then just use navy as an accent.

Again, great job but this is just my opinion!

Archived