Makin' it Better from Page 2

BJ Sands

That Savard pic shows how much better the alt looks with an outline on the logo. And this feature has some great little nuggets from days gone by. Remember the San Jose State atrocities, courtesy of "4-Players-Only"?

sanjose1_vt.jpg

And check this one out:

i_predators_vt.jpg

Wonder when they decided to switch the colors on the numbers - it looks better this way.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That Savard pic shows how much better the alt looks with an outline on the logo. And this feature has some great little nuggets from days gone by. Remember the San Jose State atrocities, courtesy of "4-Players-Only"?

sanjose1_vt.jpg

I heard that those things drove their equipment manager nuts. When I was in San Jose in 2004 for the Silicon Valley Bowl, their equipment guy came to our hotel to pick up our laundry. I asked him about them, and he said that the company that they ordered from were a nightmare to deal with. First off, they didn't get the jerseys in until almost gametime. Second, the jerseys weren't made the way that the manager wanted to be made. Lastly, the jerseys were very flimsy. They had a jersey rip along the side during the opening kickoff! He even showed me one of those jerseys. They were about the same quality you would find one of those cheap, rec-league jerseys to be. Needless to say, they didn't wear those uniforms for very long.

Archived