The Official Thread: Grey Cup 2008

Mac the Knife

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mighty quick splat on the first drive by the Stamps there.

Then they give up a huge play to the Als. Jitters much?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The way Montreal marched down the field on their first possession, I was sure they'd get six. Instead they settle for three.

Update: And then the Stamps convert on 3rd down. I'd say they're over their jitters now.

CCSLC signature.png

I thought that name was familiar.

Quick question: are the CFL hashmarks in the same place as the NCAA ones? Those are some wicked angles those guys are kicking from.

And while I'm at it, can we get a quick explanation of the "no yards" rule? I assume it has something to do with a lack of the fair catch.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

For that matter, I'm still not quite sure what a rouge is. (Or however its spelled...)

Is it downing a punt in the endzone that gives you a point? Is that still a touchback?

You are correct. From Wikipedia:

Officially, the single is called a rouge (French for "red") but is often referred to as a single. The exact derivation of the term is unknown but it has been thought that, in early Canadian football, the scoring of a single was signalled with a red flag.

CCSLC signature.png

I kind of hope Calgary loses, only because their uniforms look horrible, and I kind of like the whole wacky-Allouette-jersey thing.

On the other hand, I hope they win, because they have a Temple product at QB. I guess either way, I'm a winner.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Um, what is this "no yards flag" they mentioned earlier? A penalty that doesn't have a yardage penalty, I'm assuming?

I believe (and correct me if I'm wrong, fellas), in the CFL a kick returner is entitled to a protective 'halo'. If that halo is encroached by a member of the kicking team before the ball is caught, it's a "no yards" foul.

nav-logo.png

Um, what is this "no yards flag" they mentioned earlier? A penalty that doesn't have a yardage penalty, I'm assuming?

I just looked this up - the closest analogue in American football would be a halo violation. Since there's no fair catch in CFL football, only the kicker or any player behind him may be within 5 yards of the ball if it hasn't been touched by someone on the return team.

Sodboy13 said:

Archived