The Official Thread: Grey Cup 2008

Mac the Knife

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't decide what was weirder: having the finance minister of the Canadian government present the Grey Cup to the Stamps (that would be like Henry Paulson presenting the Vince Lombardi Trophy after the Super Bowl), or him delivering the presentation in "Frenglish" (he started out in French and then switched in mid-sentence to English).

CCSLC signature.png

I'm more disapointed about how they lost rather then just seeing them lose. The interception in the endzone, and especially the failed attempt to simply get out of :censored: ing bounds at the very last play. That's the first time I've seen that happen in a football game.

I had a feeling they would choke, which is why I was watching the Survivor Series live stream in another thread while just checking the game results from a TV next to my computer.

I can't decide what was weirder: having the finance minister of the Canadian government present the Grey Cup to the Stamps (that would be like Henry Paulson presenting the Vince Lombardi Trophy after the Super Bowl), or him delivering the presentation in "Frenglish" (he started out in French and then switched in mid-sentence to English).

I think the cheerleader being right next to the stage cheering was weirder. That totally trashed up what seemed to be a decent ceremony.

Again - why does the CFL use yards, when Canada is on the metric system?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Again - why does the CFL use yards, when Canada is on the metric system?

It's because Canada adopted the metric system in the 1970s and football, by then, had used yards as the standard. I think the question should be why does football use yards as while rugby which uses metres?

I saw, I came, I left.

Just got back to Toronto from Montreal. The game was really exciting. Calgary dominated in the 2nd half, and really deserved to win. Olympic stadium is a dump, I think they should just knock the tower down so that it falls on the stadium, and rebuild. However the Grey Cup festivities were great. I'm pissed I didn't go last year in Toronto, but I will definitely go when the Grey Cup is in Hamilton or Toronto again. Edmontonians sure know how to party.

1zqy8ok.gif

Archived