2009 National Lacrosse League season thread

Viper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically, this move was to clear a roster spot and appease the coach? (at least, that's your theory)

Yeah, the Rock actually stood a chance. They released Dan Ladoucer (I'm not sure if that spelling is correct) who was the only player left from their days in Hamilton before moving up here to Toronto. Turned out they played abit better against Buffalo.

Dead, I have no idea why this Hawaiian night thing is catching on, but to be honest, I like it.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

So basically, this move was to clear a roster spot and appease the coach? (at least, that's your theory)

Not so much to appease the coach as to serve notice to the rest of the team that none of them are safe either if they underperform. Actually on the Swarm boards some people are starting to wonder if coach Jacobs himself might not be on thin ice with the organization. His team is underperforming in just about every aspect of the game, and that's going to be pinned right on his @$$.

Anyway, I have photo albums up from all four Swarm home games I've attended so far this season:

1. Swarm vs. Stealth 01/10
  2. Swarm vs. Bandits 01/24
  3. Swarm vs. Mammoth 02/07
  4. Swarm vs. Blazers 02/20

CCSLC signature.png

WOW!

That was one heck of a post! (the first one is the one i'm referring to)

Someone is doing their homework.

Well, after some thought and conversation/reading, I think it's good that the Swarm are shaking it up. Obviously the team isn't bad by any stretch, but they have to get going.

Not like the Rock. Besides basically forcing someone into retirment, we've done nothing to remedy our situation.

Thanks for the pics! Looks great.

On a side note, thanks for the new sig too!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Well the Swarm finally snapped their five-game losing streak with a 13-10 win in Toronto. That's the good news. The bad news is they get the Bandits tonight in Buffalo (albeit possibly without league scoring leader Mark Steenhuis who is injured).

Anyway someone at the game last night had what might be the best fan sign ever at a sporting event of any kind, in honor of the Rock's Stephen Hoar: "Work That Corner, Hoar!"

Update: It's now a two-game winning streak for the Blue Crew as they stun the defending champs in their own barn, 16-15 - even though Steenhuis did play, and in fact had another big scoring night (as did Tavares and Accursi). BTW the Bandits were wearing their new alt jerseys again tonight.

The Swarm are BACK!!!

CCSLC signature.png

• 2 weeks later...

In case you missed last night's All-Star Game, here is a link to the game blog.

Mark Steenhuis had yet another monster game and was named the MVP, but without a doubt the highlight of the night belonged to Dan Dawson (see the entries at 9:22 and 9:24 PM), who scored a goal and then spent the rest of the evening intent on doing a different kind of scoring.

CCSLC signature.png

In case you missed last night's All-Star Game, here is a link to the game blog.

Mark Steenhuis had yet another monster game and was named the MVP, but without a doubt the highlight of the night belonged to Dan Dawson (see the entries at 9:22 and 9:24 PM), who scored a goal and then spent the rest of the evening intent on doing a different kind of scoring.

What the eff was he thinking!!!!!

• 2 months later...

I wish I followed the Roughnecks more this year but at least Calgary can celebrate something this summer, the Calgary Roughnecks are the 2009 NLL Champions.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I thought goalie Matt King should have been named the MVP instead of Josh Sanderson. King was just lights-out all evening in net.

Sometime this weekend I'll make a championship sig for the Riggers if anyone's interested.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived