Saints in gold pants

SteveR

When they wear the road unis, I like the gold pants. I know I'm in the minority, but I love their home unis with the black pants. To me, there's something about the monos paired with the beautiful gold helmet that make the gold numbers stand out. It catches my eye so much more than when they wear the gold pants.

When they wear the road unis, I like the gold pants. I know I'm in the minority, but I love their home unis with the black pants. To me, there's something about the monos paired with the beautiful gold helmet that make the gold numbers stand out. It catches my eye so much more than when they wear the gold pants.

I disagree 100%, but if you don't think the gold pants look good with black, it might be because the gold pants are awful. They don't match the helmets, number, or even collar. They are so light that they almost look champagne colored instead of gold. Most importantly, the stripes don't match the helmet stripes. Put them gold pants that match the helmet, and it will look great.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I disagree 100%, but if you don't think the gold pants look good with black, it might be because the gold pants are awful. They don't match the helmets, number, or even collar. They are so light that they almost look champagne colored instead of gold. Most importantly, the stripes don't match the helmet stripes. Put them gold pants that match the helmet, and it will look great.

Amen.

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

I've actually started to dig the black pants look, on the road and at home. What I hated was when they wore the white on black at home?!?!?!

They need more detail on the uniform though, I think some old school style stripes on the sleeves and pants would be great...just with the new lighter gold.

temp.png

I've actually started to dig the black pants look, on the road and at home. What I hated was when they wore the white on black at home?!?!?!

They need more detail on the uniform though, I think some old school style stripes on the sleeves and pants would be great...just with the new lighter gold.

Plus, there's no effing reason for a dome team to wear white at home in the first place. Unless the air conditioning conked out or something! :rolleyes:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I would have to think, this will be the last year for this mis-matched uniform set.

Its time for some new duds, in NO.

My suggestion is the following:

Black jersey, with OLD gold number (outlined in white). Unique font; instead of the standard that has been used. Saint logo, on upper chest. Thin gold stripe, around sleeve cuff, with number on sleeve.

White jersey, with black number (outlined in old gold). Same as above; except black stripe on sleeve cuff.

Old gold alt jersey, with black number (outlined in white). Same as above, except for black stripe around sleeve cuff.

New Old gold pants, with very thin black stripe.

New black pants, with very thin old gold stripe.

Helmet will become old gold, but striping changes to thin black stripe (same as on sleeve cuff and pants). Same logo.

And, finally, the golds will match, from helmet to jersey to pants. The old gold, is a different shade of gold, then they currently wear and is the color gold, that Georgia Tech uses, in their uniform set now. That would make the Saints, unique, to the Rams and 49ers, who both currently use similar golds.

Archived