dgnmrwrw's Fixin' the NHL

dgnmrwrw

Next: New York Islanders

I went with sort of a modern template but included traditional striping. I think the curves on the sleeves fit the Isles well. I added light blue to brighten up the colors (I also tried a similar combo in a concept a LONG time ago). Still working on an alternate. Not sure if it should be orange or light blue, and I'm trying to avoid simply doing a recolor of the home/away set.

NYI-Home.png

NYI-Road.png

NYI-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

So far I think it's decent, it needs more white on the home though - I think a white outline on the logo would help too.

Yeah, I'm trying to work out a way to get some more white in there without losing the light blue. Right now I can't get it to work. I've added the Islanders alternate. I doubt it will be popular, but I kinda like it.

Next: Columbus Blue Jackets.

I focused on the blue and gray on the home set. It gives the Jackets a more distinguishable look. I didn't really want another blue jersey for an alternate, but neither red nor gray was working, and they are the BLUE Jackets. I think the alternate came out ok and is different enough from the home jersey.

Columbus-Home.png

Columbus-Road.png

Columbus-Alt.png

C+C please on all the teams!

The first thing you need to do is make the silver areas white on the home jersey. Actually, even the stars should be white. Right now, it looks like the colors have faded away, they should pop out more. I really like the addition of bigger stars onto the jersey and that's about it.

The alternate is very nice. It almost looks like you attempted to make them a vintage/barberpole look. I woudn't of minded that lol.

The first thing you need to do is make the silver areas white on the home jersey. Actually, even the stars should be white. Right now, it looks like the colors have faded away, they should pop out more. I really like the addition of bigger stars onto the jersey and that's about it.

The alternate is very nice. It almost looks like you attempted to make them a vintage/barberpole look. I woudn't of minded that lol.

I think switching the gray to white would defeat the purpose of focusing on blue and gray for their color scheme. But I can probably come up with a way to work some more white into the blue jersey. Right now, the stars are gray with a thin white outline and a thin red outline. Maybe I'll do that to the stripes.

Also, the stripes on the alternate are supposed to match those on the Ohio flag.

Archived