Boston Red Sox Road Concept

JamieRose

So two years ago, I did a couple concepts for an MLB redesign (can be found here)

In there was a red sox concept which slightly predicted the upcoming changes.

Well since the new road uniforms have been unveiled, I decided to make a few minor changes to it, to make it work slightly better.

BostonRedSoxRoad2.png

PS. i'm sorry is my spelling/grammar isnt perfect. I just had surgery two days ago and i'm still feeling a tad funny.

Quick update with cap options (for all, not just roads)

spacer.png

Home and away - the hanging sox should have a navy outline around them to keep them consistent with the rest of the set. No other element (letters, numbers, etc) has a white outline.

Else - the hanging sox should IMO never be used as a cap or primary-jersey logo. Using mascots in these spots is just too minor league. Also, the white vest is just too cliche. I'd drop it from the package. I also think that their custom number font looks bad on jersey fronts.

I do like how all home gear has the same piping treatment, while all road gear has its own piping treatment. I originally thought that all jerseys should share the same piping, but it works the way you did it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't mind the sock-logo cap, but I think that the sock logo should be on the other sleeve and/or other side of the chest so the they point forward or point towards the middle. Otherwise, it looks like they are running away like cowards. Other than that, I really don't care for the navy aways, Iv'e always thought the Red Sox should be red.

Archived