TC's NFL Early 1900's (unofficial) Series

TC

Here is my FINAL design on the Minnesota Vikings, I think this is the best I will be able to get it. There is a shape cut through the stripes that resembles a "V" for Vikings. On the helmet is a cream-colored horn with purple ring sewn onto the leather of the helmet.

C&C on the final design please.

VIKINGSFINAL.png

I am hoping to turn this into a series, and if that were to happen, I would just go in alphabetical order of team nickname. That said, the 49ers would be up first. I will try to have it up in the next week or two. We'll see how things look from there...

All of my designs will be layed out as the Vikings one is. I will only be doing colored jerseys, to keep things simple. I will include a logo that will be made similar to the way I made the logo for the Vikings.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

The jersey looks like a 70s era design on a 40s / 50s template. Look at the Packers, Bears, and Steelers from the era you're working in to get a better idea of what your jersey should look like.

Now that's some c&c.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The jersey looks like a 70s era design on a 40s / 50s template. Look at the Packers, Bears, and Steelers from the era you're working in to get a better idea of what your jersey should look like.

Now that's some c&c.

Thanks. I have been looking for pictures of uniforms from that time but I can't seem to find much of anything. Do you have any links to share with me?

True enough - those sleeve stripes are too modern for your template.

Love the idea of the Viking logo wearing a leather helmet with horns - you could take that even further.

What would you suggest?

20.jpg

steelers_jersey_1933-34.jpg

20070610ho_Thorpe_230.jpg

RedGrange.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love the idea of the Viking logo wearing a leather helmet with horns - you could take that even further.

What would you suggest?

LOL... his suggestion is right in the post! A leather helmet with a horn pattern sewn in. Google old Princeton / Michigan leather helmets and look at how the design was done. You could do something similar for the horns. It would either be the pattern of the leather (a result of a new "template" if you will) or sewn on to a leather shell.

Oooooooh... thanks a bunch Vet! :D I will try and make a new one soon. Possibly up tonight?? We'll see.

Just remember who's looking out for ya...

Much better.

Here's an idea (since I seem to have so many opinions on things...)

The diagonal purple lines almost form a big M. I think you could work the stripes a little bit more to make the M more obvious. It may end up not looking that great, but it's worth a shot.

Also work in some colored panels on the helmet like discussed earlier. Again, it may not work out, but I think the potential reward is worth the risk.

What would you suggest?

LOL... his suggestion is right in the post! A leather helmet with a horn pattern sewn in. Google old Princeton / Michigan leather helmets and look at how the design was done. You could do something similar for the horns. It would either be the pattern of the leather (a result of a new "template" if you will) or sewn on to a leather shell.

One could assume that's what he meant. I had to ask because, well, I'm stupid. :wacko:

Yeah, I'll see if I can do something with the helmet.

Alright, whenever I get the time over the next day or two I will try to make a couple different helmet designs to see what you guys think.

The horn is probably going to be a piece of leather that is stitched or glued to the helmet, so I'd make the outline a little thicker so that it is clear that it is a separate piece of material and not just a decal. The top-right horn is probably the best. Remember, you can't get too fancy with this thing, as each color you use will require more cutting and stitching.

The horn is probably going to be a piece of leather that is stitched or glued to the helmet, so I'd make the outline a little thicker so that it is clear that it is a separate piece of material and not just a decal. The top-right horn is probably the best. Remember, you can't get too fancy with this thing, as each color you use will require more cutting and stitching.

Alright I thickened the outline and will replace the pictures with the new ones in a second.

Archived