Rank the NFL uniforms

ryanlion13

Ok, so coming to the realization that I may have been a little tipsy when I broke down some of the designs I don't like, I took a good look at a few things and a few notes poppd up.

49ers - No, it isn't the black that actually bothers me. Its the execution of it. Start with the pants striping. The rest of the striping, on the helmet and sleeves, has black in tight. But there is spacing on the pants. I'd like to see that tightened up. I'd also like to see the SF logo off the hip and off the sleeves, leaving the whites stripes to go completely around the sleeve. And again, I just don't like drop shadow. I think a 3d look on uniforms is silly. Maybe if they used the black as a secondary outline for the numbers that would be cool.

Brandon Odis makes a great point. The Lions addition of black, and I've never liked their black alt jersey, is too familiar to another NFC cat team. It never even came to mind. I like the other teams design which must be why I've given the Lions some leniency. But now that he pointed that out its annoying.

Noticing the blue third color of the Dolphins has really given me a new appreciation for the set. The 3D drop shadow I still don't like. Again, they could go to a secondary outline instead. But thats my own opinion about the look.

I'll stick by my opinion that all of the solid black stripeless sets; ala the Saints, Ravens, Jags; are horrible. Same goes for using just the stripeless black pants.

I'd also like to remove the Ravens slight dropshadow.

And on the Browns, though I'd love to see helmet numbers, I'd like to clarify that I don't want to see any other logo on the helmet. When I say I'd like them to have a different logo identity I meant more for broadcast purposes. As a Rams fan I hated being one of a handful of teams who didn't have an individual icon or wordmark used to showcase the team. It was always just the helmet. I liked the creation of the charging Rams head as a new logo to use. I'd like to see the browns take a bulldog emblem or that brown orange and white football encased B and play it up a little more. Not on the helmet, but on the sleeve or above the uni numbers on the front instead of the wordmark. I like the blank helmet, but not as the sole identifying logo of the team.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1- Panthers

2- Chargers

3- Falcons

4- Seahawks

5- Titans

6- Cardinals

7- Buccaneers

8- Vikings

9- Eagles

10- Rams

11- Bengals

12- Jaguars

13- Patriots

14- Saints

15- Ravens

16- Texans

17- Broncos

18- Lions

19- Bills

20- Raiders

21- Browns

22- Giants

23- Jets

24- Niners

25- Cowboys

26- Colts

27- Bears

28- Steelers

29- Dolphins

30- Redskins

31- Chiefs

32- Packers

ujsignature.png

and just when we thought this thread was winding down...

1- Panthers

2- Chargers

3- Falcons

4- Seahawks

5- Titans

6- Cardinals

7- Buccaneers

8- Vikings

9- Eagles

10- Rams

11- Bengals

12- Jaguars

13- Patriots

14- Saints

15- Ravens

16- Texans

17- Broncos

18- Lions

19- Bills

20- Raiders

21- Browns

22- Giants

23- Jets

24- Niners

25- Cowboys

26- Colts

27- Bears

28- Steelers

29- Dolphins

30- Redskins

31- Chiefs

32- Packers

1. Colts: So simple, so traditional, so perfect.

2. Giants: These unis look great whether they're worn by Eli Manning or Y.A. Tittle.

3. Chiefs: A simple, classic mix of colors with a great logo. Just make sure you wear red pants with white jerseys.

4. Cowboys: Never mind the different shades of blues. This is a great, classic look.

5. Bears: As a Vikings fan, I hate to admit it, but the Bears have great unis.

6. Packers: See Bears. I just don't like green as much as navy blue.

7. Rams: Best helmets of the bunch. I just wish they'd return to their previous look.

8. Broncos: Best of the new-style look. Great coloring. I still don't like the number font, though.

9. Redskins: Great color mix. I just wish they'd go back to the spear on the helmets.

10. 49ers: Am I the only one in here who likes this version of the 49ers?

11. Vikings: The horned helmets keep the Vikings this high. And I'm starting to get used to the rest of the unis.

12. Eagles: Would be higher if I liked green better. Nice unis, though.

13. Lions: The black has nearly ruined great-looking uniforms.

14. Steelers: The numbers have nearly ruined great-looking uniforms. Go back to the block letters, you blockheads.

15. Bucs: Nice uniforms. Better than before. But still not great.

16. Saints: It's like they can't really decide on what their unis should look like. But the helmets remain great.

17. Texans: Not bad. Not great, but not bad. Nice color mix, though.

18. Raiders: It may be a classic look, but I never did like it. Ugly color mix.

19. Jets: See Raiders, and then add in a very busy helmet logo.

20. Browns: See Raiders and Jets, and add in a helmet with NO logo.

21. Ravens: The uniforms are OK, but that B on the bird's head just throws everything off.

22. Seahawks: Just too weird for me, although I don't mind the colors.

23. Dolphins: I don't like the drop shadow at all.

24. Patriots: I think of Elvis, not George Washington, when I see these unis. Something's wrong there.

25. Titans: Nice coloring, but WAY too many options. And that flaming tack ...

26. Panthers: The coloring is OK, but that's about all that's OK.

27. Jaguars: Teal DOES NOT belong in the NFL, especially with a team called Jaguars.

28. Chargers: This is not the way to update uniforms. Horrible job. The only saving grace is the power blue.

29. (tie) Falcons and Cardinals: The sleeves on these uniforms ruin the whole thing. Too many lines.

31. Bengals: Helmets are great, but the rest of the uniforms are crap.

32. Bills: Gosh, these are awful. What is it about Buffalo and horrible unis?

Archived