Rank the NFL uniforms

ryanlion13

Since it seems he just posted random thoughts about the uniforms to simply start a thread, I present my critiques of his critiques:

1. Indianapolis Colts - I lean heavily old school. I also love teams who's helmet logo is balanced going forward (not reversed). Indy is perfect. They were even better with striped socks.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Again, old school. I like the new uni numbers. The one sided logo is unique.

Been discussed.

3. NY Giants - Flipped helmet logo and red alt keep this from the top spot.

4. Chicago Bears - Flipped helmet logo and orange alt keep this from the two spot.

NYG and the Bears have been discussed, so I won't beat a dead horse.

5. Washington Redskins - Great colors. Balanced helmet logo. Classic look.

6. St Louis Rams - Best of the new gen. Good balance to division rival 9ers. Simple, but modern with the shoulder stripes.

"Modern with shoulder stripes." Just something about that statement makes me chuckle and disallows me from taking it seriously. And good balance to the Niners? What balance? I didn't realize the two teams were trying to create a balance.

7. Green Bay Packers - Reduced striping on the sleeves and solid green socks keep this from the top 3.

Simplifying the previous clutter and green socks knock this down from potentially #3 to #7? Ok.

8. Philly Eagles - Dark color set works well for this update. Black actually works with it.

You think the 49ers and, evidently the Dolphins, "threw" black in for the hell of it and it looks bad, but the Eagles using black with a color that appears almost black to the point they're almost indistinguishable, works? ...

9. Tampa Bay Buccs - Great Revamp! Switched to great color set and even used old color as a slight touch to the uni.

10. Cleveland Browns - Could use a logo identity other than just the helmet. Would love to see numbers used on helmet ala Alabama.

You criticize the Giants and Bears for correctly flipping a letter so it's not backwards, and the Packers for reducing cluttered stripes, yet you want the Browns to add a logo?

11. Kansas City Chiefs - Classic look in need of some slight tweaking.

12. NY Jets - Classic look is nice. But white and green color set is just boring. Personal opinion.

How about Black instead?

13. Oakland Raiders - Timeless look. Like the Jets, boring. Could use a tweak. Or maybe just a few wins

14. Carolina Panthers - Been a fan for awhile. Simple new helmet striping. Solid home with panther blacks and grey, nice whites away. Bright blue good color compliment.

15. Denver Broncos - Only Nu School I'm a fan of. New logo and coloring works well. Modern striping is simple and not cluttered.

16. Baltimore Ravens - Nu school logo, with a virtually old school uni. Only problems I see are the use of unstriped black pants and the B on the hip.

17. San Diego Chargers - Nice update. Used darker color for regular set and old school brights for alt. White Helmet a plus. Shoulder swatch with bolt is a bit blocky.

18. Jacksonville Jaguars - Love the regular set. Normally I'd hate teal. Helmet logo is great. I hate the stripless black pants and black jersey. Gives a sweatsuit feel.

19. Dallas Cowboys - Worst Classic. I know they are supposed to be "quirky", but they use 3 or four different blues and 3 silvers between both regular sets. Lame. The dark jersey "away" just sucks.

20. Detroit Lions - A little better use of black in an "update". Still feels forced, but it kinda works.

Yet the Niners was unnecessary?

21. New Orleans Saints - Ok regular set. The lighter gold kinda sucks. The Archie Manning gold and striping is cooler. Another team with stripless black pants and solid black "sweatsuit" uni.

Strip-e-less, not stripless.

22. New England Patriots - Another Nu Schooler. I liked it for awhile. Now I'm not liking the grey shoulders along with some of the red piping. It's not horrible, just eh.

23. Houston Texans - Its alright uni wise. The Texan logo sucks.

Can't even respectfully comment on that.

24. Tennessee Titans - WAY TOO MANY options in use. I love the dark with white pants home and the white with baby blue pant aways. The shoulder look is great. But too many version of the home jersey and too many pant variations to wear home or away are annoying.

They have 2, no more than any other team with an alternate jersey.

25. Seattle Seahawks - I just can't tell what I feel here. It may be higher than I ranked. I love the all white away. Logo is good, and I don't mind the lime accents. The gun metal monochrome is just a no for me. I don't like dark color monochrome. But I don't know if I'd like the white pants at home eaither. Again, I love the helmet.

You do realize that's blue, don't ya?

26. San Fran 49ers - Oh hey, lets "update" by adding black and a drop shadow. Lot of thought here.

27. Miami Dolphins - Oh hey, lets "update" by adding black and a drop shadow . . . hmmm deja vu?

See your own comments on the Eagles and you'll see why you basically have no credibility here. Especially when you thought it was black for the Dolphins and not navy. How's anyone gonna take your critiques seriously when you don't even know what colors are being used. Not to mention these are 2 of the better updates in recent years.

28. Buffalo Bills - This would be a lot higher if they picked on blue, got rid of the red stripe on both jerseys, and stopped wearing dark monochrome at home.

Finally one I actually rather agree with.

29. Atlanta Falcons - I'm not Nu School, I hate colors going everywhere. But this is the least annoying.

30. Minnesota Vikings - They play in a division of classic teams and had a classic uni they could have tweaked. Ouch.

31. Arizona Cardinals - No surprise they wanted a new identity but come on. There are lines going everywhere.

32. Cincinnati Bengals - Tiger striping was a bad idea in the 80's and its worse now. Just horrible.

It seems you think all the classic stuff is boring, and any of the updated classic (meaning no drastic changes) uniforms look too "Nu Skool". (BTW, that is one helluva dorky term to use constantly). Doesn't make much sense.

Here are my critiques of your critiques of my critiques. I'm assuming you take issue with my remark about flipped hemet logos. Again, big freaking deal. I'm not saying teams like the Bears or Packers should flip their logos, or take them off or even add new logos. My bottom line point is that a helmet like the Rams or Eagles or Colts looks a little better (IN MY OWN FREAKING OPINION) than the others because they are well balanced. They're still good looking helmets and logos. The Bears uniform, to me is about as close to perfect as you can get. But the Colts are perfect in my opinion for that slight little point. Get over it.

Something about my Rams remark makes you chuckle. OK, what? Older uniforms, like the Bears or Colts, that have sleeve or shoulder striping use a very old fashioned type od striping. The Rams use something I wouldn't see in the 60s or 70's hence its modern. But its also very simple a thick gold swatch and a thin white one. IT improved once that got rid of the gold stripe sliding down the jersey. My point by saying simple is to contrast it with the Cards or Vikings which are much more cluttered. And by balanced with the 9ers I'm pointing out that it's a little unigue to have two rival teams riffing off the same color. One is red and gold, the other blue and gold. It's unique. I like it. :censored: off.

You finally have an actuall uniform opinion for Green Bay, nice. You like the solid socks and fewer sleeve stripes. Thats cool. I think they'd look much better with sock stripes and the original sleeve striping, moreso the socks than anything else. I knocked them down 4 because they got rid of something that worked well.

Admittedly I was over anxious about the black issue. The topic on another thread is what got me going a bit because I think the 9ers could have a better set that is more like their 80s set that I liked. Yes I never looked too close at the Dolphins set. And yes I gave more credit to the Eagles and Lions. So sorry to bug you. Let me revamp my stance. The black, in my opinion, works well with the Eagles set. It doesn't make me roll my eyes when I see them. It doesn't work as well for the Lions, I'd prefer if they removed it, but its not horrible. I just don't think it works on the 9ers set. Maybe I've seen too many red or black alt baseball jerseys that they all seem to run together. Maybe I don't like how the pant striping works. I just don't like the black on the 9ers set. Does that make you feel better?

Let's see, I find the colors green and white boring and that annoys you. Oh well. I forgot an e while typing, so now you're my 5th grade English teacher, how nice for you. She was fat, good luck with that. I hope you take the time to ren pen this critique as well. You can't "respectfully" respond to my opinon that the Texans logo sucks? Why? Did you design it? Did I insult you? I think it's too abstract. Try responding to that.

Don't the Titans have three pants sets - Navy, Light Blue, White? Don't they have three jerseys - white, navy with light blue shoulders, light blue with navy shoulders? If my math is right, and since you teach fifth grade you can correct me - thats 6 possible home combos and 3 away? Thats a lot in my book.

Gun metal has "already been discussed".

Let's see, I corrected myself on the 9ers. I just hate their look. I equated them with the Dolphins because those two stick out in my mind with the drop shadows. I don't like drop shadows for the most part. If I had to rerank I may move the Dolphins up, but I still don't like the blue or the shadow. They have a lightly colored set with the squa green and orange. They don't need to add dark elements just to modernize. Thats why Green Bay is up and the Dolphins are not. Its one thing to take an existing color and go darker. Its another thing to introduce dark into a bright set. The Dolphins are fine bright. Sorry I lumped the two together. Hopefully you can sleep easier now.

I'm glad you agree with the Bills comment, but I'd venture you seem to somewhat agree on a lot more. You criticized, what, a third of my ranks at most. The majority went un scathed. And some of the critiques you DID have were lame. Spelling errors? The Rams, Jets or Texans "critiques" which were more snarky :censored: comments than critiques. I might suggest decaf. Or, if you're bugged by a thread like this just ignore it. It's a discussion board. We get to put up whatever we want. If I want to rank NFL logos I will. If you want to masterbate to pictures of Carson Palmer in uniform go enjoy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I enjoy the playoff format system. I'll bite as well.

Division winners in bold, Wild Cards in italic.

AFC North: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals

AFC East: Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Bills

AFC South: Colts, Texans, Jaguars, Titans

AFC West: Raiders, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs

AFC Wild Card Playoffs: Colts over Ravens, Patriots over Raiders

AFC Divisional Playoffs: Jets over Colts, Steelers over Patriots

AFC Championship Game: Jets over Steelers

NFC North: Packers, Bears, Vikings, Lions

NFC East: Eagles, Giants, Cowboys, Redskins

NFC South: Buccaneers, Falcons, Saints, Panthers

NFC West: Rams, 49ers, Seahawks, Cardinals

NFC Wild Card Playoffs: Rams over Giants, Eagles over 49ers

NFC Divisional Playoffs: Packers over Eagles, Buccaneers over Rams

NFC Championship Game: Packers over Buccaneers

Super Bowl: Packers over Jets (Ha, just realized it's the Favre Bowl!)

Looks like some has a Favre hard on. Or maybe jsut something for the color green. I like youre break down.

I just wanted to mention that I remember a set you created a few years back. At least I think it was one you created. A set for the Cardinals using St Louis on the bat for the road and substituting a soft almost khaki gold for the current yellow. That was a great concept.

Looks like some has a Favre hard on. Or maybe jsut something for the color green. I like youre break down.

I just wanted to mention that I remember a set you created a few years back. At least I think it was one you created. A set for the Cardinals using St Louis on the bat for the road and substituting a soft almost khaki gold for the current yellow. That was a great concept.

Ha, I actually despise Favre (look at my avatar/signature, you'll see where my allegiances lie).

And yes that was me who did that concept, I'm surprised anyone still remembers it -- thanks for the compliment. Here's the link to the original image:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/unw...s/cardinals.gif

It seems you think all the classic stuff is boring, and any of the updated classic (meaning no drastic changes) uniforms look too "Nu Skool". (BTW, that is one helluva dorky term to use constantly). Doesn't make much sense.

What? I say the Jets and Raiders are boring and that translates into thinking everything classic is boring? How does that work? And the new updated classics (I pilfered the term Nu Skool from someone else, yes an obnoxious mistake) look too modern? Again, I didn't say that. I thought a few of the design didn't work, I never called them Nu.

Maybe this will work better for you:

Perfect, or near perfect (hence not boring) - Colts, Steelers, Giants, Skins, Bears, Packers,

Very Good (also not boring)- Rams, Panthers, Buccs, Ravens, Chiefs, Broncos, Jags, Browns, Eagles

Ok (a few tweaks needed) - 9ers, Dolphins, Seahawks, Chargers, Titans, Saints, Patriots, Bills, Lions

Boring - Jets, Raiders, Texans, Cowboys

Suck Ass - Vikes, Falcons, Cards, Bengals

Ha, I actually despise Favre (look at my avatar/signature, you'll see where my allegiances lie).

And yes that was me who did that concept, I'm surprised anyone still remembers it -- thanks for the compliment. Here's the link to the original image:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/unw...s/cardinals.gif

St Louis fan. Well, Cards and Rams fan. And I'll kinda follow the Blues. Honestly, the only reason I follow them is because I think they have one of the best logos ever. If we had a team like the Canes or Lighning I'd be less inclined. I'm not really a hockey guy. I do like the Celtics though.

Since it seems he just posted random thoughts about the uniforms to simply start a thread, I present my critiques of his critiques:

1. Indianapolis Colts - I lean heavily old school. I also love teams who's helmet logo is balanced going forward (not reversed). Indy is perfect. They were even better with striped socks.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers - Again, old school. I like the new uni numbers. The one sided logo is unique.

Been discussed.

4. Chicago Bears - Flipped helmet logo and orange alt keep this from the two spot.

6. St Louis Rams - Best of the new gen. Good balance to division rival 9ers. Simple, but modern with the shoulder stripes.

"Modern with shoulder stripes." Just something about that statement makes me chuckle and disallows me from taking it seriously. And good balance to the Niners? What balance? I didn't realize the two teams were trying to create a balance.

7. Green Bay Packers - Reduced striping on the sleeves and solid green socks keep this from the top 3.

Simplifying the previous clutter and green socks knock this down from potentially #3 to #7? Ok.

8. Philly Eagles - Dark color set works well for this update. Black actually works with it.

You think the 49ers and, evidently the Dolphins, "threw" black in for the hell of it and it looks bad, but the Eagles using black with a color that appears almost black to the point they're almost indistinguishable, works? ...

9. Tampa Bay Buccs - Great Revamp! Switched to great color set and even used old color as a slight touch to the uni.

10. Cleveland Browns - Could use a logo identity other than just the helmet. Would love to see numbers used on helmet ala Alabama.

You criticize the Giants and Bears for correctly flipping a letter so it's not backwards, and the Packers for reducing cluttered stripes, yet you want the Browns to add a logo?

12. NY Jets - Classic look is nice. But white and green color set is just boring. Personal opinion.

How about Black instead?

13. Oakland Raiders - Timeless look. Like the Jets, boring. Could use a tweak. Or maybe just a few wins

14. Carolina Panthers - Been a fan for awhile. Simple new helmet striping. Solid home with panther blacks and grey, nice whites away. Bright blue good color compliment.

15. Denver Broncos - Only Nu School I'm a fan of. New logo and coloring works well. Modern striping is simple and not cluttered.

16. Baltimore Ravens - Nu school logo, with a virtually old school uni. Only problems I see are the use of unstriped black pants and the B on the hip.

17. San Diego Chargers - Nice update. Used darker color for regular set and old school brights for alt. White Helmet a plus. Shoulder swatch with bolt is a bit blocky.

18. Jacksonville Jaguars - Love the regular set. Normally I'd hate teal. Helmet logo is great. I hate the stripless black pants and black jersey. Gives a sweatsuit feel.

19. Dallas Cowboys - Worst Classic. I know they are supposed to be "quirky", but they use 3 or four different blues and 3 silvers between both regular sets. Lame. The dark jersey "away" just sucks.

20. Detroit Lions - A little better use of black in an "update". Still feels forced, but it kinda works.

21. New Orleans Saints - Ok regular set. The lighter gold kinda sucks. The Archie Manning gold and striping is cooler. Another team with stripless black pants and solid black "sweatsuit" uni.

22. New England Patriots - Another Nu Schooler. I liked it for awhile. Now I'm not liking the grey shoulders along with some of the red piping. It's not horrible, just eh.

24. Tennessee Titans - WAY TOO MANY options in use. I love the dark with white pants home and the white with baby blue pant aways. The shoulder look is great. But too many version of the home jersey and too many pant variations to wear home or away are annoying.

25. Seattle Seahawks - I just can't tell what I feel here. It may be higher than I ranked. I love the all white away. Logo is good, and I don't mind the lime accents. The gun metal monochrome is just a no for me. I don't like dark color monochrome. But I don't know if I'd like the white pants at home eaither. Again, I love the helmet.

26. San Fran 49ers - Oh hey, lets "update" by adding black and a drop shadow. Lot of thought here.

27. Miami Dolphins - Oh hey, lets "update" by adding black and a drop shadow . . . hmmm deja vu?

See your own comments on the Eagles and you'll see why you basically have no credibility here. Especially when you thought it was black for the Dolphins and not navy. How's anyone gonna take your critiques seriously when you don't even know what colors are being used. Not to mention these are 2 of the better updates in recent years.

28. Buffalo Bills - This would be a lot higher if they picked on blue, got rid of the red stripe on both jerseys, and stopped wearing dark monochrome at home.

29. Atlanta Falcons - I'm not Nu School, I hate colors going everywhere. But this is the least annoying.

30. Minnesota Vikings - They play in a division of classic teams and had a classic uni they could have tweaked. Ouch.

31. Arizona Cardinals - No surprise they wanted a new identity but come on. There are lines going everywhere.

32. Cincinnati Bengals - Tiger striping was a bad idea in the 80's and its worse now. Just horrible.

Here are my critiques of your critiques of my critiques. I'm assuming you take issue with my remark about flipped hemet logos. Again, big freaking deal. I'm not saying teams like the Bears or Packers should flip their logos, or take them off or even add new logos. My bottom line point is that a helmet like the Rams or Eagles or Colts looks a little better (IN MY OWN FREAKING OPINION) than the others because they are well balanced. They're still good looking helmets and logos. The Bears uniform, to me is about as close to perfect as you can get. But the Colts are perfect in my opinion for that slight little point. Get over it.

Something about my Rams remark makes you chuckle. OK, what? Older uniforms, like the Bears or Colts, that have sleeve or shoulder striping use a very old fashioned type od striping. The Rams use something I wouldn't see in the 60s or 70's hence its modern. But its also very simple a thick gold swatch and a thin white one. IT improved once that got rid of the gold stripe sliding down the jersey. My point by saying simple is to contrast it with the Cards or Vikings which are much more cluttered. And by balanced with the 9ers I'm pointing out that it's a little unigue to have two rival teams riffing off the same color. One is red and gold, the other blue and gold. It's unique. I like it. :censored: off.

You finally have an actuall uniform opinion for Green Bay, nice. You like the solid socks and fewer sleeve stripes. Thats cool. I think they'd look much better with sock stripes and the original sleeve striping, moreso the socks than anything else. I knocked them down 4 because they got rid of something that worked well.

Admittedly I was over anxious about the black issue. The topic on another thread is what got me going a bit because I think the 9ers could have a better set that is more like their 80s set that I liked. Yes I never looked too close at the Dolphins set. And yes I gave more credit to the Eagles and Lions. So sorry to bug you. Let me revamp my stance. The black, in my opinion, works well with the Eagles set. It doesn't make me roll my eyes when I see them. It doesn't work as well for the Lions, I'd prefer if they removed it, but its not horrible. I just don't think it works on the 9ers set. Maybe I've seen too many red or black alt baseball jerseys that they all seem to run together. Maybe I don't like how the pant striping works. I just don't like the black on the 9ers set. Does that make you feel better?

Let's see, I find the colors green and white boring and that annoys you. Oh well. I forgot an e while typing, so now you're my 5th grade English teacher, how nice for you. She was fat, good luck with that. I hope you take the time to ren pen this critique as well. You can't "respectfully" respond to my opinon that the Texans logo sucks? Why? Did you design it? Did I insult you? I think it's too abstract. Try responding to that.

Don't the Titans have three pants sets - Navy, Light Blue, White? Don't they have three jerseys - white, navy with light blue shoulders, light blue with navy shoulders? If my math is right, and since you teach fifth grade you can correct me - thats 6 possible home combos and 3 away? Thats a lot in my book.

Let's see, I corrected myself on the 9ers. I just hate their look. I equated them with the Dolphins because those two stick out in my mind with the drop shadows. I don't like drop shadows for the most part. If I had to rerank I may move the Dolphins up, but I still don't like the blue or the shadow. They have a lightly colored set with the squa green and orange. They don't need to add dark elements just to modernize. Thats why Green Bay is up and the Dolphins are not. Its one thing to take an existing color and go darker. Its another thing to introduce dark into a bright set. The Dolphins are fine bright. Sorry I lumped the two together. Hopefully you can sleep easier now.

I'm glad you agree with the Bills comment, but I'd venture you seem to somewhat agree on a lot more. You criticized, what, a third of my ranks at most. The majority went un scathed. And some of the critiques you DID have were lame. Spelling errors? The Rams, Jets or Texans "critiques" which were more snarky :censored: comments than critiques. I might suggest decaf. Or, if you're bugged by a thread like this just ignore it. It's a discussion board. We get to put up whatever we want. If I want to rank NFL logos I will. If you want to masterbate to pictures of Carson Palmer in uniform go enjoy.

Wow. You're maturity level has really shown it's true colors. Where did the Carson Palmer comment even come from? For your information, I happen to be a Rams fan. And yes, while some of my comments were a little "snarky", they weren't completely out of line. This is a forum, yes, which means you should expect people to disagree with you. In none of my comments do you see me saying, "You f:censored: idiot, you don't know what the :censored: your're talking about. Go :censored: to some random football player." I gave my comments on your rankings. That's what happens here. They were not personal shots at you, but rather your explanations. If you take stuff like that that personally, you have bigger issues than someone disagreeing with your uniform rankings. Deal with it and grow up or you're not going to last long around here. And believe me, I'm not going off and yelling when I write this stuff. I'm actually a very laidback person, and I can't help but feel sorry those who get so worked up over the pettiest stuff. I didn't just write those comments for the sake of arguing with you. I wrote my opinions on ones I either disagreed with, or couldn't understand why your reasonings were what they were was that. I know it's your opinion and your free to have it. But this was my personal opinions on how I disagreed with your reasonings, not you as a person. Learn to seperate them. And if you notice, I left a lot of them without a remark because I perhaps agreed with you or your explanations at least sounded reasonable, not some random babbling as others were.

Move on. My disagreeing with you, believe me, is about the last thing in the world you should ever get worked up about.

Ryan I will agree with you on some of them, but the one I disagree with you is the Cardinals. Not my top team, but they have done their uniforms right at least in my opinion.

Best: Bucs, Cards, Patriots, Bears, Colts

Worst: Raiders, Bills, Rams,

Been discussed.

How about Black instead?

Wow. You're maturity level has really shown it's true colors. Where did the Carson Palmer comment even come from? For your information, I happen to be a Rams fan. And yes, while some of my comments were a little "snarky", they weren't completely out of line. This is a forum, yes, which means you should expect people to disagree with you. In none of my comments do you see me saying, "You f:censored: idiot, you don't know what the :censored: your're talking about. Go :censored: to some random football player." I gave my comments on your rankings. That's what happens here. They were not personal shots at you, but rather your explanations. If you take stuff like that that personally, you have bigger issues than someone disagreeing with your uniform rankings. Deal with it and grow up or you're not going to last long around here. And believe me, I'm not going off and yelling when I write this stuff. I'm actually a very laidback person, and I can't help but feel sorry those who get so worked up over the pettiest stuff. I didn't just write those comments for the sake of arguing with you. I wrote my opinions on ones I either disagreed with, or couldn't understand why your reasonings were what they were was that. I know it's your opinion and your free to have it. But this was my personal opinions on how I disagreed with your reasonings, not you as a person. Learn to seperate them. And if you notice, I left a lot of them without a remark because I perhaps agreed with you or your explanations at least sounded reasonable, not some random babbling as others were.

Move on. My disagreeing with you, believe me, is about the last thing in the world you should ever get worked up about.

I get it, you're passive aggressive. I don't care about disagreement. My problem was that you weren't disagreeing for the most part. You were kinda being a dick. As I pointed out, spell checking? "You know they're blue right". "How about black" for the Jets colors. Those aren't disagreements, they're just dick comments. So I thought I'd return the favor. This is a nice little pointless thread I thought may be fun to see what peoples opinions were and why they hold them. You seemed a little annoyed about something (God Knows What) and decided to be a dick, as I said passive aggressive. So I did the same thing. You have no respectful response for my opinion about the Texans helmet. How is that a disagreement? You were snarky and so was I, except I cussed because I cuss. I'm not concerned about if you don't think the Colts uniform is the best. What I tried to do is turn your cynicism around on you. Maybe you have bigger issues that you should worry about if you feel the need to be a snarky dick for no discernable reason. Next time you disagree just throw in some actual points of disagreement. "Hey, I happen to like the Texans logo because . . ." or "The Jets uniforms aren't boring, they're nice classics because . . ." That may be more interesting. Heres a shocker, how would you list them? Or would you even? Do you have favorites or not so favorites? All I want to see is what identities people like and which ones they dislike and debate it. I'm about as laid back as they come. I just don't like dicks that don't further the conversation. In my calm opinion you weren't furthering the pointless discussion.

Ryan I will agree with you on some of them, but the one I disagree with you is the Cardinals. Not my top team, but they have done their uniforms right at least in my opinion.

Best: Bucs, Cards, Patriots, Bears, Colts

Worst: Raiders, Bills, Rams,

As a curiosity what doesn't work regarding the Rams? I'm a fan of the navy and white with gold pants look - mostly. But I hate the white pants and blue pants. I thought the set, once it dropped the gold stripe off the jersey, was an upgrade from the royal and yellow. First, I'm a St Louis Rams fan and not an LA Rams fan so I'm not as attached to the old look as others are. Second, I never had a problem with the royal blue but the yellow always looked too bright. That might have been due to the shoulder horns which I always thought looked ridiculous. But the Rams suffered the fate of a few other teams with helmet coloring. The blue transfer from the jersey to the helmet was always off thanks to the material. The Vikes has an issue with that to. The Navy does cut down that problem, though. I always hated that the numbers, during the time in St Louis before the change, were screen printed on and not sewn fabric. That looked so cheap. Would I make changes to the current set? Yeah. Personally I want a different gold, or yellow. Like a dark Yellow. I'd also like to see the shoulder stripes come down a little more like the Colts except following all the way down around the arm. Or even just one swatch stripe of the yellow like the Trojans. I'd also like to see the home numbers switch to white outlined in gold/yellow. So whats your take?

Been discussed.

How about Black instead?

I get it, you're passive aggressive. I don't care about disagreement. My problem was that you weren't disagreeing for the most part. You were kinda being a dick. As I pointed out, spell checking? "You know they're blue right". "How about black" for the Jets colors. Those aren't disagreements, they're just dick comments. So I thought I'd return the favor. This is a nice little pointless thread I thought may be fun to see what peoples opinions were and why they hold them. You seemed a little annoyed about something (God Knows What) and decided to be a dick, as I said passive aggressive. So I did the same thing. You have no respectful response for my opinion about the Texans helmet. How is that a disagreement? You were snarky and so was I, except I cussed because I cuss. I'm not concerned about if you don't think the Colts uniform is the best. What I tried to do is turn your cynicism around on you. Maybe you have bigger issues that you should worry about if you feel the need to be a snarky dick for no discernable reason. Next time you disagree just throw in some actual points of disagreement. "Hey, I happen to like the Texans logo because . . ." or "The Jets uniforms aren't boring, they're nice classics because . . ." That may be more interesting. Heres a shocker, how would you list them? Or would you even? Do you have favorites or not so favorites? All I want to see is what identities people like and which ones they dislike and debate it. I'm about as laid back as they come. I just don't like dicks that don't further the conversation. In my calm opinion you weren't furthering the pointless discussion.

In light of Mockba's desire to get this thread back on track, I'm not going to post in here anymore. You're obviously too full of yourself to carry on an at least decent debate and would rather swear and bicker about petty stuff. I too cuss a lot, but I also know when it's inappropriate and just plain not necessary. It's a shame, too, you being a fellow St. Louis fan and all. And you keep telling me, "spell check?". I didn't really see any misspelled words in any of my posts in here. I know I'm not typing on a phone, so I am able to actually proofread what I type.

Good day.

Been discussed.

How about Black instead?

In light of Mockba's desire to get this thread back on track, I'm not going to post in here anymore. You're obviously too full of yourself to carry on an at least decent debate and would rather swear and bicker about petty stuff. I too cuss a lot, but I also know when it's inappropriate and just plain not necessary. It's a shame, too, you being a fellow St. Louis fan and all. And you keep telling me, "spell check?". I didn't really see any misspelled words in any of my posts in here. I know I'm not typing on a phone, so I am able to actually proofread what I type.

Good day.

Shakes head. Dude, I was asking for a debate. Give me an opinion to discuss. Thats what I asked for. Did you read my last post? I don't want to bicker. All I'm asking is for an opinion. I keep saying spell check because one of your original "disagreements" was that I misspelled stripeless. I could give a hoot about spelling. So, give me something to discuss on the topic. I'm starting to think you're too full of your self to actually read anything I've posted beyond the fact that I cursed at you twice. And I'm sorry. But it's nice to get another STL fan. So pretty please, with sugar on top, give me an opinion to discuss.

Been discussed.

How about Black instead?

Good day.

Shakes head. Dude, I was asking for a debate. Give me an opinion to discuss. Thats what I asked for. Did you read my last post? I don't want to bicker. All I'm asking is for an opinion. I keep saying spell check because one of your original "disagreements" was that I misspelled stripeless. I could give a hoot about spelling. So, give me something to discuss on the topic. I'm starting to think you're too full of your self to actually read anything I've posted beyond the fact that I cursed at you twice. And I'm sorry. But it's nice to get another STL fan. So pretty please, with sugar on top, give me an opinion to discuss.

I'm sorry, but when someone constantly calls me a d*** and tells me to go masturbate to a picture of Carson Palmer, I can usually tell there is little to no chance of having a legitimate discussion... .... because I'm obviously all about David Carr. B)

A thread about the 49ers possible uniform changes has inspired me to start a thread where everyone can rank and debate the current set of NFL uniforms. Let's see where people flush out. Old School? Nu School? Great Taste? Less Filling? I'll start with my 1-32 ranks. Feel free to respond, criticize, offer your own rankings. Whatever.

after reading this, i suddenly realize. you were high when you wrote this. im not ganna get into all the things you got wrong as most of them were discussed. but all i gatta say is wow. just wow.

I'll also do a playoff system. Format stolen from Viper and Unwind 23.

Division winners in bold, Wild Cards in italic.

AFC North: Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Bengals

AFC East: Dolphins, Jets, Patriots, Bills

AFC South: Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Texans

AFC West: Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos

AFC Wild Card Playoffs: Raiders over Colts, Titans over Jets

AFC Divisional Playoffs: Steelers over Jets, Dolphins over Raiders

AFC Championship Game: Steelers over Dolphins

NFC North: Packers, Vikings, Lions, Bears

NFC East: Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Cowboys

NFC South: Panthers, Saints, Bucs, Falcons

NFC West: 49ers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams

NFC Wild Card Playoffs: Eagles over 49ers, Vikings over Redskins

NFC Divisional Playoffs: Packers over Eagles, Panthers over Vikings

NFC Championship Game: Panthers over Packers

Super Bowl: Steelers over Panthers

LINDSAY'S UNIBOWL CHAMPION: Pittsburgh Steelers

3581.gif

yay!

I really like the Dolphins' drop shadow, and Steelers' italics, unlike almost everyone, so my opinion probably doesn't count too much. :P

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I'll bite.

AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

NORTH

y-Browns

x-Ravens

Steelers

Bengals

Explanation: 1.) Browns win it for me (logo-less helmet and all) due to having the most unique color set in all of sports. When the striped socks are worn with the white jerseys (could really care less about the socks with the dark shirts), it automatically enhances the look. 2.) Ravens in second? This is mostly because I'm one of the few guys who actually like the color purple. Under the right lights, it looks almost indigo. I ain't a fan of the helmet logo, but don't mind the atual helmet itself. I say the Ravens add some purple-detailed black pants and they'll have one of the top sets. 3.) Steelers sets looked much better with the old block #s; however having said that, I don't mind the Futura italics on fan jerseys (I have two); on the field, however, they look like crap to me. 4.) Don't even need to get into it.

EAST

z-Dolphins

Jets

Patriots

Bills

Explanation: 1.) Possibly the nicest color set in all of the NFL--aside from Tampa Bay. The navy doesn't even seem out of place to me--in fact, to me, it enhanced the overall look. [personal gripe] Now if they would only learn to WEAR MORE AQUA--in the form of an aqua jersey at home and aqua pants on the road, and cut down on the white-on-white! [/personal gripe] 2-4.) Don't really care for any of those three; so I ranked them in the order of least annoying. In that regard, the Jets win out. The side panels and shoulder taper/sripes/whatever-they-are on the Patriots jerseys is a bit overkill, not to mention it don't exactly "flow" into the pants as they may have been intended. Bills...one blue too many. (And the right one ain't even the primary color no more!)

SOUTH

y-Texans

x-Jaguars

Titans

Colts

Explanation: 1) Though navy and blue are overdone in the sports world, the Texans do it quite nicely. Change up the pants stripe to more closely mimic the shoulder tapers and IMO they've got a damn-near perfect uniform set--IF they can quite wearing red-on-red-on-red! (The red-on-red would work better with blue socks, if they must go that route.) 2) Won over the Titans on the strength of their home look. Many despise teal; I ain't one of those people, and the Jags do it well, aside from having one of the better number sets. I HATE the road look, however; all that black kills me! 3) Having said that, I've never been much a fan of the Titans' look since they first showed up in '99. Ain't nothing changed (I think it was the double blue that put me off initially; that ain't changed neither). 4.) Just too bland for my blood. Will say however that if they get the blue mask back, some striped socks, and double up the helmet stripe, the look would be much better.

WEST

z-Chiefs

Raiders

Broncos

Chargers

Explanation: 1) Red and yellow. Love it--always have. Bright and bold. (I'm a Florida boy, so I'm automatically attracted to bright colors.) Simple, does its job, yet still very distinctive. Helmet could stand to use some yellow somewhere, but overall, 9/10. 2) Homes may be a bit blandish, but the roads stand out to me quite nicely. An updated helmet logo and possibly some new numbers would instantly elevate this here. 3) Used to love it back in '96; grew tired of seeing it by '98. I'm still tired of seeing it. 4) Four words: "mighty morphin power rangers"...although if I had to pick as of currently, I'd take the powders over the navy look.

NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE

NORTH

y-Bears

x-Vikings

Packers

Lions

Explanation: 1) It's the stripes that win this one for me. They're all uniform; orange on the navy background; navy/orange/navy against the white background. Number font is old and modern at the same time. 2) By the slimmest of margins, Vikes take second. Part of it has to do with the brighter purple (personal thing); the other is that these things have grown on me over the years. I'd like to see the purple pants over white socks at some point--or even yellow. But again--that's just the "wild" in me. And...I actually like how the shoulder "stripe" mimics the horns on the helmet. 3) Classic look to some. I don't hate it, but ain't in love with it, either (except for their number "5"--like the old-style "5".) 4) addition of unneeded black--that added to the (opinion) that one cat-named team now looks, at a glance, too similar to another cat-named team who had black long before the Lions adopted it.

EAST

z-Giants

x-Redskins

Eagles

Cowboys

Explanation: for whatever reason, I've grown to really love the Giants current look. It may just be that particular shade of blue. Hell, the blue-less roads don't even bother me anymore (though the road pants do a little bit--stick with one pair or the other). 2) I think this just happened this year. I've always loved the burgundy-over-white. This year they started wearing it more. Yes!!! The white-over-burgundy gets a little old, but when worn with white socks, it's still a nice-looking set. 3) Didn't care for it when it first came out in '96 or '97; still don't. The green and black damn near clash. Then on top of that they go with charcoal--yet another dark color--on the pants and, as far as I can tell, number trim. I actually do kinda like the actual numbers themselves, though. 4) Though I do like their "alt" set (that being their navy jersey over silver pants, not the throwback-inspired alt), they won't wear it near enough. Then there's the navy star on the silver helmet, royal blue jersey/pants stripe/socks and silver-green pants. I'll pass.

SOUTH

z-Buccaneers

Panthers

Falcons

Saints

Explanation: red and gray. Works BEAUTIFUL together. Makes the red pop out so much more--especially on the helmets. Although, I will say one thing: though I can understand the though behind keeping the orange, in this Buccaneer fanatic's personal opinon, they may as well just nix it and let it go. 2) Kinda another process of elimination, but I do like the Ericcson cellphone blue. The uniform sets strike a nice balance between "traditional" and "modern" by virtue of the shoulder loops (some of which actually go all the way around!) and the tapered pants stripes. However having said that, it still doesn't really "move" me, for some reason. 3) Like the red and the black; it's just the sleeves I never cared for. 4) Would look WORLDS better if they could just go with a deeper, richer shade of gold (that all MATCHES), and left the vegas gold by the side of the road where they found it.

WEST

y-49ers

Seahawks

Rams

Cardinals

Explanation: 1) for all who say the addition of black was unnecessary, I don't believe it hinders the Niners' look; in fact, it enhances it, in my opinion. The drop-shadow works perfectly for a western team. The only gripe: mismatching pants and helmet stripes. Fix that and they may have damn-near perfection. 2) While the mono look is getting to be a bit old, I've become quite fond of the Hawks' look. When they wear the neon-green accents, it makes what little neon green that's present in the uniforms stand out that much more. Just wish they'd lighten up their "puget slate" to bounce it off the navy a little better. 3) Indifferent towards it. Liked it when it first came out, but since then I've grown indifferent towards it. 4) I've tried my bestest for three years to like this set; I just can't do it. Too much funky piping. And the AZ state flag-inspired details (namely in the sleeves) ain't doing it for me, either. (Neither are the numbers.)

PLAYOFFS:

AFC WILD-CARD

Ravens @ Texans -> Texans

Jaguars @ Browns -> Browns

NFC WILD-CARD

Redskins @ Bears -> Redskins

Vikings @ 49ers -> Vikings

AFC DIVISIONAL

Browns @ Chiefs -> Chiefs

Texans @ Dolphins -> Texans (by thismuch)

NFC DIVISIONAL

Redskins @ Giants -> Giants

Vikings @ Buccaneers -> Buccaneers

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Texans @ Chiefs -> Chiefs

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Buccaneers @ Giants -> Giants

SUPER BOWL UW

Chiefs vs Giants

And your UniBowl Champion (in b_o's world, anyway) is...

...your KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!

Never saw that one coming, did y'all??

(However...all this is just one man's opinion...my two rusted Lincolns. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm sorry, but when someone constantly calls me a d*** and tells me to go masturbate to a picture of Carson Palmer, I can usually tell there is little to no chance of having a legitimate discussion... .... because I'm obviously all about David Carr. B)

Mr. Mittens? Shouldn't you be all over Marc Bulger? Personally I'd pick Tom BRady, but then again I like big name winning qb's.

So, aside from my explanations that you had issues with, what did you think of the actual positioning of my rankings? Should we move the Bengals to the top?

after reading this, i suddenly realize. you were high when you wrote this. im not ganna get into all the things you got wrong as most of them were discussed. but all i gatta say is wow. just wow.

I'll let you in on a secret. I did have a few drinks. I do, however, stand by the positions of most of the ranks. But not necessarily my rationale.

Archived