St-Louis Blues

habsfan1

With all of these teams going with vintage looks, I think the Blues deserve to be on that list as well. They have a history of good looking uniforms which halted two years ago with the introduction of the mistakes known as their new Edge jerseys. I based the look on what they wore in the late 70s and early 80s, I avoided their cup losing years. The main difference is that the white stripes around the arms and waist are thicker on the home jersey. I kept their current logo, changed the border colors a bit and totally ditched all the navy. Edit: The arch circle is now used on their left shoulder. Now here they are.

blueshome-1.png

bluesroad-1.png

On the back number on your home jersey, the inner part has a darker blue than the rest of the jersey. Just a small thing you need to fix.

Anyway, I absolutely love this set. Looks classic without looking too old-fashioned. Love the blue that's used here, and just the overall colors in general. Too bad the actual Blues muddy it up with the added navy.

I absolutely love this set. It's way way better than what the Blues are wearing now...I really like you got rid of the navy and kept it classy. As you said, the Blues really deserve a vintage look like this.

I understand the move forward with the Edge designs, I don't begrudge sports taking advantage of new equipment design. I do think that the change to the RBK system has destroyed the overall look of the league. The Blues are no exception to this fact. Granted, I had someone gift me a Blues white jersey because I have a running collection of Blues White jerseys. But ouch its ugly. It's not nearly the worst in the league, but it has some flaws. And I think the thing that bothers me most is the striping on the pants. And that they wear the third jersey with the striped pants.

Anyway, I love your set. If the Blues went more in this direction I would probably line up at a store to pick one up just to give them credit. The Blues have one of the best logos in sports and one of the most pleasing color sets.

These are great looking sweaters. I agree with a lot of the others in not liking the navy on the Blues current uniforms. I have always been a fan of the Blues logo, it is one of the leagues best. I also like the new alternate logo they have. Maybe you could do that logo as an alternate with the retro colors. I think it would also look nice as a shoulder patch on what you have already done.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Nice. Not sure if it would look right with this set, but try swapping the white and yellow on the hem and arm stripes. I'm more of a fan of their original blue jerseys. The blue jersey from 74 and on was a downgrade from what they had (looked to clunky). Nice use of the third (one shoulder only) since you wanted to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looked at this concept more along with the original sweater that it's based off of. The striping proportions of this is far better than the original. Send this to Dave Checketts (owner) because they screwed up what we had with the new uniform system. This blows away what they now have.

Archived