Bigmike's NCAA Concept Series (Now Showing Basketball as well!)

bigmike

NCAA CONCEPTS: ALABAMA/AUBURN/ARKANSAS/LSU/OLE MISS/ MISS. STATE/FLORIDA/GEORGIA/KENTUCKY

Alright so I havent done many concepts latelty, but a couple guys posted on my old ACC thread, and I looked at my Virginia Tech Concept and relized I should work on it. I also though from now on I would just keep all my NCAA Football Concepts in this thread. I will not go in Order of Conferences just going to do which ever ones I want to do or ones that are requested.

For Virginia Tech, I really like thier Throwback Alts. and Since they are being worn so much. I thought I would make a whole set with the template, but changing it a bit.

Changes

-Logo (Just a simple Orange Outline on a Maroon VT, no double outline)

-White Helmet (Really like the look of it, added Triple stripes to match sleeves and pants)

-Numbers (Used the new font off of thier "sport bra unis" except one outline instead of two)

-Collar Logo (Used the New One)

- Added Maroon Pants Option

Well anyways here is the set

Helmet

Helmet-2.png

Jerseys

VaTechHomeJersey-1.png

Home

VaTechAwayJersey-1.png

Away

VaTechAlternateJersey-1.png

Alternate (I actually think it looks good even though y'all will probably think its ugly, but I had to do it :P)

Pants

Pants-2.png

Action Shots Continued Next Post....

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and here are the Action Shots featuring: Jarret Boykin 81, Darren Evans 32, Tyrod Taylor 5

Pants Option 1 (Main 3 sets)

VaTechActionSet1-1.png

Pants Option 2

VaTechActionSet2-1.png

C+C please, hope yall enjoy these. Any suggestions for next team are welcome!

I love the basic design, it's clean and simple. Nothing extraneous. Do you think you could darken the orange a bit? That orange alt looks way too light. Just clean up your lines, and you have an excellent concept.

Yeah I will darken the Orange a bit, and do you mean the lines on the helmet? cause they are a little messy I will try and clean those up a bit.

These are great! I love the look they have been wearing recently.

I want to see what you can do with Northwestern's colors. And I would love to see black incorporated.

I wouldn't.

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

These are nice, man. Don't get me wrong, I love the throwback set, but I think I prefer their current primary uniforms. The triple shoulder stripe is a very common template throughout the NCAA but their current uniforms are unique to the Hokies and set them apart from other teams. I'd like to see you put together something more on par with their modern set because I think it works well for them and looks great in action.

I love the basic design, it's clean and simple. Nothing extraneous. Do you think you could darken the orange a bit? That orange alt looks way too light. Just clean up your lines, and you have an excellent concept.

I updated it with a darker shade of orange.

These are nice, man. Don't get me wrong, I love the throwback set, but I think I prefer their current primary uniforms. The triple shoulder stripe is a very common template throughout the NCAA but their current uniforms are unique to the Hokies and set them apart from other teams. I'd like to see you put together something more on par with their modern set because I think it works well for them and looks great in action.

You know I actually like the modern stlye they have but I have problems with the piping on the jersey being diff. colors with the piping on the pants, and the way half of the stripe is outlined in piping and a little part of it isn't.

I actually did a concept for a team in my Fantasy Sim League. It used VTechs new template but with some tweaks, so I may change it and post it on here to see which y'all like better.

Also do you like the white or maroon helmet better?

I really love the promotion of white in your concept bigmike it really cleans an already superb colour scheme to godliness

Thanks lol, I am going to post a "Modern Style" in a while like scottysprings suggested, I will still keep the First set up though, so y'all can compare the two.

So stay tuned!

Alright so after hearing scotty's suggestions, I thought back I a concept a made for a Fantast Team, and Virgina Tech's news Uniforms were part of the inspiration so I thought I would just make a "Modern Style" Concept out of them.

I think I like these better than the Throwback Style, but I wanted to have both up here so y'all can compare them.

Changes (From Original Concept)

- Used Modern Style Template

- Went back to Maroon Helmet

Kept

- Numbers

- Logo

Helmet

VTechHelmetMaroon.png

Jerseys:

VTechModernHome.png

Home

VTechModernAway.png

Away

VTechModernAlternate.png

Alternate

Pants (Had to go all Monochrome)

VTechModernPants.png

And the Action Shots, same people

VTechModernActionSet1.png

Alright so Tell me which ones you like better, and any suggestions on the next team is welcome, I was thinking maybe Cincinatti but not sure

Looking at just the uniforms, I was skeptical that the piping would look good. After looking at the action template, I was wrong. I like these better than the classic ones, nice work.

Ha yeah the Action Shots makes the template look alot better.

Not to nitpick or anything cause the action temps are great, but the more I look at the non-ball carrying hand of the running back, it looks like there are only 3 fingers. Just a really tiny detail, not one that takes away anything from the concept though. Can't wait to see what is next.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Not to nitpick or anything cause the action temps are great, but the more I look at the non-ball carrying hand of the running back, it looks like there are only 3 fingers. Just a really tiny detail, not one that takes away anything from the concept though. Can't wait to see what is next.

There are 4 fingers on it, I didnt put the thumb because its like under the fingers, but I think it is just hard to see the 4th one on here because the pinky finger kind of looks like a thumb, I might should work on that.

Anyways I think Cincinatti, or Northwestern will be next, just have to wait and see tommarow, any mor request are welcome though cause I am open on a lot of ideas right now.

-Oh and I plan on re-doing my Miss. State Concept some time as well.

Alright, I really like these, but I think that the orange mono chrome is a tad uncomfortable, I think you should pair the white pants with those. I don't know why people don't pair white with colours that are bright, like electric green, or creamsicle orange (I'd love me a good creamsicle right now). I thnk those combos look fresh when accented with rich deep colours (like maroon) also gimmie back the white helmet. Amazing template though, very amazing template though.

~?~

Like the others say, it looks only so-so on the basic template but the action templates look awesome. I'm usually not a fan of side panels, but it works here. Really nice, but the problem is that it can only go monochrome. Orange on orange doesn't look so hot, either. But still, it looks nice. Good work. I'd actually like to see the numbers and helmet logo with a double outline- it might suit the modern style better, and create contrast.

scotland_fifasig.png

I liked the updated set more than the original. I prefer the maroon helmet over the white. I would like to see the maroon helmet with the original uniform set you did. I am looking foreward to seeing your interpretation of the Cincinnati Bearcats.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived