New Signatures

Spammy

What you need to do is count the no. of colours in the logos in the logo and in GIMP go to, at the top, the 3rd tab over and select mode/rgb once you do that select mode/indexed and change the no. of colours to before said no. of colours hit ok and if you need to recolour, change back to rgb! Also, when you do projects like this it it useful to turn all antialiasing off so that the fill tool works more smoothly I notice this on the circles too.

~?~

What you need to do is count the no. of colours in the logos in the logo and in GIMP go to, at the top, the 3rd tab over and select mode/rgb once you do that select mode/indexed and change the no. of colours to before said no. of colours hit ok and if you need to recolour, change back to rgb! Also, when you do projects like this it it useful to turn all antialiasing off so that the fill tool works more smoothly I notice this on the circles too.

Is this better??? Gators.png

No, in fact looks worse, you need to get rid of all the little white dots (Pixelated) surrounding the logos

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Do you see the uneven edges on the gator logo? Do that thing I said when you first open the logos.

~?~

I know but i cant figure out how to do that

Well you need to play around with it then, cause no one is going to request these pixelated, I was the same way about alot of my first stuff, it was always pixelated and everyone would tell me that, so I finaly listened and now I have gotten better at making stuff clean, so you need to play around a little bit more with gimp and figure out how to make it not so pixelated and the people might want these.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I know but i cant figure out how to do that

My tut may not be quite right, I don't have gimp right in front of me. Just look for an option called "mode", rgb supports all colours, greyscale is black and white and indexed picks the number of colours that you specify that are closest to the ones in the image. Think a little and you'll get it. :)

~?~

One thing I'd say is to make sure the things you're putting on there (the logos) have transparent backgrounds. So, take the image, go to Layers, Transparency, and then click 'Add Alpha Channel'. After that, use the select tool (the wand) and then click the background area (usually white). When it is selected, click the delete button. In most cases that should clean up the background for logos.

sweet!!!11 can i get a rocky mtn college one? i made there logo!

Don't you mean you made their logo? :P

No, but seriously spammy, making sigs look cleaner isn't that hard-it may be time consuming- but it's not difficult. Look at my sig for example; I recently made it using a program you may or may not have heard of called Paint.NET. It's a free downloadable program that runs very similar to MS Paint, but there are better tools for line-making, cropping, recoloring, etc. I suggest you download it and make your sigs in there. You can use the line drawing tools with the antialiasing enabled, that way you'll get a cleaner, sharper, more vector-like look.

Archived