Site re-design

nyjet88

Although you're a Jets fan, I still have to say that parts of the site are very nice. I like the post-it notes. (I always thought I might use that but you beat me to it). I think you should work on the descriptions a little and maybe make the writing on the post-its active links. This first thing I did was click on the post it.

Although you're a Jets fan, I still have to say that parts of the site are very nice. I like the post-it notes. (I always thought I might use that but you beat me to it). I think you should work on the descriptions a little and maybe make the writing on the post-its active links. This first thing I did was click on the post it.

Ha. I am ashamed to be a Jets fan at this point. Ugh.

Thanks for the tip on the post-it and making it an active link...maybe have the services offered go to services page, and the other one link up to an email?

Definitely need to work on my descriptions.

Thanks again. :)

Home Page

? "purchashed" should be "purchased"

? capitalize WordPress

About Page

- "exceled" should be "excelled"

In the Portfolio section

- You misspelled "Environmental"

- "Wallachs" should be "Wallach's"

- "Photoshop", "Illustrator", "Flash", "Dreamweaver", and "WordPress" should be capitalized

- "maintaining" is misspelled

Services

- WordPress again

- "yahoo" should be "Yahoo!"

- "google" should be "Google"

- "ask" should be "Ask"

Clients

- "Environmental" misspelled again

Looks good, though.

You misspelled "Environmental".

As well as "purchased."

Yep, as soon as I saw that one, I thought I'd proof the whole site. Someone needed to do it.

Yeah, sometimes I am a stickler for spelling and grammar. In cases like this, I think it is very important when you have potential clients looking at the site. Mistakes like that may lead the customer to believe the same attention to detail may occur in his/her work requests.

This sentence bugs me as well:

"JetNation was a wordpress theme that they purchashed, we took, and then customized the graphics and some layout."

The wording seems unclear and off; I was thinking:

"JetNation was developed from a purchased WordPress theme that we acquired and customized through graphic and layout editing."

You misspelled "Environmental".

As well as "purchased."

Yep, as soon as I saw that one, I thought I'd proof the whole site. Someone needed to do it.

Yeah, sometimes I am a stickler for spelling and grammar. In cases like this, I think it is very important when you have potential clients looking at the site. Mistakes like that may lead the customer to believe the same attention to detail may occur in his/her work requests.

This sentence bugs me as well:

"JetNation was a wordpress theme that they purchashed, we took, and then customized the graphics and some layout."

The wording seems unclear and off; I was thinking:

"JetNation was developed from a purchased WordPress theme that we acquired and customized through graphic and layout editing."

Thanks for the grammar tips everyone. :)

Will make these changes.

Archived