2 NHL concepts: Wild and Lightning

elliott

On a personal note, congrats early on your 2 years on the boards. In the short time I have been here posting, you have helped me a few times with some of my work and I appreciate your help. Now onto the concepts. These are both very nice, Tampa's is my personal favorite. I like the striping on the Wild sweater although I agree with some of the others in that the green stripe on the home needs to be a different color from the green. I love the lightning bolt stripes on the Tampa sweater, very different, but you pulled it off well. Great job overall.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

This one time I creeped on eilliots profile and was checking out some of his original concepts ... I thought it was a different member. His original concepts are horrendous compared to his current work.

Great job elliot on these and how far you have come as a designer.

Thanks Korbyn.

Sometimes you just have to look back on your old work and laugh, I guess.

Ohhhh forgetaboutit!!! What I meant was I'm not a fan of the wild because it is way to similar to the buffalo sabres old design. & second, the color scheme on the lighting is just horrible, the blue looks too close to purple and when its mixed with the gray shoulders and trim its just disgusting. My opinion: start from stratch, use a different design for the wild and then completely redo the lighting.

boulton_f.jpg

Really? I don't see much the same other than the stripe placement, and that isn't even too close. Open your eyes, my friend. Also, since most people like these...mmm, sorry, but I'm not too worried about starting from scratch.

Update coming soon.

The wild one looks good. The Lightning one not so much. They're main colour is black, then blue. If you want to make the jerseys blue than make the stripes black. Can't wait till your update,

I disagree, very few teams can pull off the main color of black, the main ones that come to mind are the Raiders and White Sox, but the Lightning can't. The current striping is decent but the overall look looks terrible on TV, especially when they are at home. They look like a black blob. Really, I think, they should focus more on blue, have you noticed how much better the alt's look? Not the logo, mind you, just looking from afar.

I updated both teams, descriptions of what I did are included in the first post. One thing I didn't do, however, is change the hem line to bolts on TB, with the pants, it was just too many bolts for me. So I ditched the waist bolt.

And one with black, if you prefer: LINK

I don't prefer black. It looks nice, but I think the update of the original is far better. I also like the update Wild jersey a lot. Very nice concepts!

Out of curiosity, what font did you use for the Lightning numbers?

It's a font called unbreakable, I found it on dafont.com, it's like for some band or independent music label, but the numbers that went along with the font looked good, so I just went with that.

This one time I creeped on eilliots profile and was checking out some of his original concepts ... I thought it was a different member. His original concepts are horrendous compared to his current work.

Great job elliot on these and how far you have come as a designer.

Thanks Korbyn.

Sometimes you just have to look back on your old work and laugh, I guess.

Ohhhh forgetaboutit!!! What I meant was I'm not a fan of the wild because it is way to similar to the buffalo sabres old design. & second, the color scheme on the lighting is just horrible, the blue looks too close to purple and when its mixed with the gray shoulders and trim its just disgusting. My opinion: start from stratch, use a different design for the wild and then completely redo the lighting.

boulton_f.jpg

Really? I don't see much the same other than the stripe placement, and that isn't even too close. Open your eyes, my friend. Also, since most people like these...mmm, sorry, but I'm not too worried about starting from scratch.

Update coming soon.

bada bing bada boom...do what you gotta do. forgetaboutititttt

pauliesig2.jpg

Archived