Hartford Whalers Modernization

TMB1

I remember seeing someone attempt to do a modern Whalers set on here about a month ago, and it inspired me to do my own modernization. I wanted the jerseys to be look somewhat modern, not just have the old styles moved onto a different template. I made the home jersey green again, because no one in the NHL has a green primary (or even a green alternate for that matter). I also made two alternates (a blue version of my first two, and an updated 91-92 jersey) because I couldn't decide which one I liked better. Anyways, here are the concepts!

hartalt.png

hartaway.png

harthome.png

hartthrow.png

Any C+C would be appreciated!

It's pretty nice considering it's only your second try. On the first green one, all four colors take up a significant amount of space. Next time you make a concept, choose two main colors and use the other color as nothing more than an accent. Good work btw.

Is the design based off off the Blues by chance? I don't have a problem if it is, but that is what I was reminded of. I'm not so sure about the modernization. It is well exicuted, but it is kinda hard to grasp the idea of the Whalers being modernized. Anyway, I think it looks good.

Yeah, the design is kind of based off the Blues. I like the way their jerseys look on the ice, and i thought something like that would look good for the Whalers.

Not bad. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it either. My favorite of the bunch is the green alternate though.

Also, is that the Oilers old 3rd jersey font?

It could be the Oilers font, but I'm not sure. I've had the numbers saved on my computer for a month or two now. I guess I should have given the file a better name :P

Archived