Janesville, WI NAHL team name concepts..

Ez Street

That's awfully Winnipeggy.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I take it that the franchise will be playing all of its games in the late-1970s and early-1980s? ;)

All things considered... meh.

When you're in an industrial town in Wisconsin, there's always something vaguely late '70s about the whole place, so it's appropriate.

I can't believe I made a Bhagavad Gita joke and nobody stepped up to say "hey, good post."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 months later...

Anyone else get a personal message from Mr. Dinicola? aka jangaz.

Thanks for your 'kind' words re: those hockey logos for our new team in Janesville, WI. They were intended as clipart to assist in the story written about the possible team names only... not for reproduction. By the way, you misused the word excretement. It's excrement. I've been doing fine and graphic arts for 35 years and enjoy every aspect of it. Please use better discretion when referring to someone's designs in the future. We all improve with each assignment. I'm sure you do fine work and as a fellow artist, I respect and support that. My final logo design can be seen at http://janesvillejets.pointstreaksites.com/view/Janesvillejets. Have a great day.

Mr. Dinicola, here is my response to you. You seem to be mixing my posts with that of another member, but my words were no more 'kind'. Regardless of the length of time you've been a graphic designer, you should be ashamed to put your name on those logos, whether intended for reproduction or not. If you've been in the business for 35 years then you should be able to take criticism about your work, and quite frankly, those "designs" are pure excrement. Cobbled together clipart hardly qualifies as design. In a public forum there is no discretion, just pure, raw, uncensored comments, and that's what your designs got and deserved. Congratulations on the final design, it is better than the mockups.

Good luck.

Archived