NHL Trade Deadline

Linus

- Derek Morris to Rangers

Where the hell are the Rangers getting all this money/cap space? I thought they were over cap at the start of the season...

*TIME IS UP!* Put your pens and pencils down, close your test booklet and pass it to the front of the class.

And there sending a great future player in Nigel Dawes to Phoenix, I think the Coyotes have had the most solid day out of everyone so far expect Trades to be rolling in for the next few hours that have to be approved

Nigel Dawes isn't a great future player. He's a small winger with a nice scoring touch. He isn't afraid to throw the body despite his size. I still can't tell if he doesn't try on defense or if he just sucks at it. He can make beautiful plays like when he turned Pronger into a traffic cone earlier in the year, but more often he'll completely disappear for stretches of time that make you forget he's on the team.

Prucha's the better player here. All 6 'Yotes fans will love the kid, he absolutely works his ass off every shift, every night. He got jobbed by Renney.

msg-117798227822.jpg

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where the hell are the Rangers getting all this money/cap space? I thought they were over cap at the start of the season...

*TIME IS UP!* Put your pens and pencils down, close your test booklet and pass it to the front of the class.

And there sending a great future player in Nigel Dawes to Phoenix, I think the Coyotes have had the most solid day out of everyone so far expect Trades to be rolling in for the next few hours that have to be approved

Nigel Dawes isn't a great future player. He's a small winger with a nice scoring touch. He isn't afraid to throw the body despite his size. I still can't tell if he doesn't try on defense or if he just sucks at it. He can make beautiful plays like when he turned Pronger into a traffic cone earlier in the year, but more often he'll completely disappear for stretches of time that make you forget he's on the team.

Prucha's the better player here. All 6 'Yotes fans will love the kid, he absolutely works his ass off every shift, every night. He got jobbed by Renney.

Change of environment will help Dawes out, Great Junior player given the chance he could finally fit the mold a lot of critics had for him.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Mark Recchi to Boston and that's it so far.

Recchi and 2010 2nd round pick for Lashoff/Karsums

I like this move especially after picking up Montador, we had a surplus of defenders. But I'm sad to see Lashoff go.

Maybe Prucha can find his scorers touch again out in the desert.

Now we have Patrick O'Sullivan to Edmonton, Justin Williams to LA, Erik Cole Possibly back? to Carolina

Gord: "It's not a triangle. It's a two-sided triangle" Lol.

Cole back to Carolina, good move, he was underperforming in Edmonton. O'Sullivan is a good young player and should add some speed and scoring to Edmonton's lineup.

Maybe Prucha can find his scorers touch again out in the desert.

I hope he does. Don Maloney was with the Rangers organization during his two big years. There's got to be something there he likes.

msg-117798227822.jpg

Leafs apparently acquire Olaf Kolzig, Jamie Heward, Andy Rogers and a 4th Round Pick from the Lightning for Richard Petiot.

I am familiar with only Kolzig and the 4th Rounder

And Edmonton gets Ales Kotalik from Buffalo for a 2nd Round pick.

Heward was a Leaf draftee I believe. I know for sure he was once in there system. He's a gritty defenceman. He played for Canada at the Spenglar Cup a few years back, not to bad. Dont know much about Rogers though.

beLEAF

Leafs apparently acquire Olaf Kolzig, Jamie Heward, Andy Rogers and a 4th Round Pick from the Lightning for Richard Petiot.

Kolzig is done for the year.

The deal is a real headscratcher unless to clear up cap space in Tampa.

Edit

Okay Gord Miller just said it's essentially a money deal absorbing salary from Tampa so it's kinda like a 4th Round Pick for Richard Petiot

It's all cap.

msg-117798227822.jpg

Just explained it on TSN...basically the Leafs bought the 4th round pick. They took $500 000 in salary off of Tampa for the 4th pick. They sent Petiot over to make it a legit trade. Heward is done for the season, so is Kolzig. Rodgers is the only guy who will play.

beLEAF

Just explained it on TSN...basically the Leafs bought the 4th round pick. They took $500 000 in salary off of Tampa for the 4th pick. They sent Petiot over to make it a legit trade. Heward is done for the season, so is Kolzig. Rodgers is the only guy who will play.

So how much does TB save exactly?

It's all cap.

The leafs get a free 4th round pick and only have to pay at least 500,000.

Its a free snatch by Burke. Smart if you think about it.

4kv29i.jpg

Burke certainly making it clear that this is his team to build now, from the ground up. Leafs brought in a ton of draft picks today.

I'm really surprised the couldn't get more for Antropov at least throw in some prospects.

So how much does TB save exactly?

Burke certainly making it clear that this is his team to build now, from the ground up. Leafs brought in a ton of draft picks today.

I'm really surprised the couldn't get more for Antropov at least throw in some prospects.

Most of the young players went to Phoenix :P

Haven't heard of a top prospect from the Rangers in awhile.

Archived