chestnutz "futbol" concepts

chestnutz

The same design is on the back of the home as well. Look closely.

Ah yes I see it now.

On the pinstripes thing, I can't think of a single soccer team that has ever consistently used pinstripes. Thats not to say its a bad thing, just that manufacturers have tended to use pinstripes as a way of adding a new detail to kit designs for sales rather than as something that has been integral to a teams look over the long term.

Either way, I think the US concept works quite well.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pin stripes on the the other hand, are almost unheard of on a national team's kit. That's why I like the idea so much. It sets the kit apart and makes it instantly recognizable.

...so, not arguing with you. Just clarifying...I think.

I was referring to vertical stripes in general.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, after a bit of a hiatus, I'm back with Real Salt Lake.

Navy, red, and yellow is a great color combo in my mind, and I love the way Spain uses it. I've used Spain as inspiration a bit for RSL, who could potentially have a great set.

I first set out to simplify the crest. Their current one is a bit busy, and their secondary should be their primary (just uses the RSL instead of spelling it out). So I simplified it a bit, added a soccer ball, and tweaked the colors for RSL a bit. I darkened the blue and made the yellow a bit goldish, courtesy Spain.

I love their home unis, with the red and blue sleeves. Nothin to explain there. They've usually used an all-white away look, but with many teams having that (LA, Chicago, DC off the top of my head) I went with a more distinct look. I used a maroon instead of an "official" color.

So, yep, have at it!

rsl.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think you're definately on the right track with the crest, the interlocked letters are much more effective. I think you should go one further and get rid of the shield completely. MLS branding seems to subscribe to the idea that it doesn't look like a football logo unless there's some sort of shield involved, but this just isn't the case. The interlocked letters and crown would be strong enough on their own, reminicent of the Rangers logo from around 1995.

• 2 months later...

Alright, decided I wanted to get some comments on my two World Cup Redesign submissions, Italy and England. I also have a new concept template.

ENGLAND

COLORS - Replaced royal with navy, made the red a tad more pale, and added gold.

CREST - Added strokes to the nails on the lions. Changed the flowers, getting rid of green, and making them symmetrical and looking like soccer balls.

KITS - Home features St. George's crest from the flag, an Umbro jersey cut, traditional collar. Went for a classic look. Away is pretty simple, with the umbro diamonds on jersey, shorts, and socks. Kept their red jersey as always, but went with white shorts and socks.

englandnewtemplate.png

england-home-new-template.png

englandawaynewtemplate.png

ITALIA

COLORS - Went with a blue closer to what they used during the Confed Cup. Added gold.

CREST - Similar shape to their current one, but a little more stretched vertically. Different flag design, new font, stars now above badge.

KITS - Stripes formed by text (close-up of them included). Made by Puma. Gold trim. Double stripe on shorts and socks. All parts are interchangeable.

Italia.png

Italia-home.png

Italia-away.png

Thanks! If you have any suggestions for future teams for me to do, you're welcome to request.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Love the RSL concept, and I'm with williamrhys, I think it would look better if the shield was dropped entirely. I really enjoy the away kits, especially because you ventured outside the American idea that home and away colors should just be reversed, as opposed to doing what many foreign clubs do with introducing a different identity on the road entirely. And glad you maintained their identity for the home kits.

Archived