chestnutz "futbol" concepts

chestnutz

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My next installment, Germany.

With this one I set out to change the crest, as I usually do because keeping the original is just boring and lacks creativity :)

So I did that, kept it simple, used the flag on it, kept the imperial eagle, used DFB (stands for German Football team or something in German). Not much to describe.

Germany is Adidas' bread and butter, so obviously I kept them as the manufacturer. They've historically used white shirt/black shorts, so that stays the same. Pretty simple, didn't go Adidas-design crazy on it, but used their current home kit as inspiration with the flag on the front. Back of the collar says DEUTSCHLAND.

They've also used green as a clash kit the majority of the time (they don't use it currently because their manager said red is statistically more successful because it's more intimidating), in honor of West Germany (IIRC, may be wrong though). Used a little adidas-templatey kind of stuff on this one.

Yeah, not much more to say. Always love hearing comments, and suggestions for my next team are welcome as well.

Germany.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The shorts and socks for the updated USMNT look a lot better. But the shirts are a downgrade IMO. The pinstripes need to continue all the way throught the shirt. The box around the names and numbers look really incomplete. I like the switch to a white on white though, Just fix the pinstripes and it will look a lot better.

jNTsTyQ.png

DFB stands for Deutscher Fussball Bund loosley translated German Football/Soccer Union.

I like the Logo you've done, certainly the flag colors give it a better feel than the real one.

looking forward to the future posts and concepts

Any comments on Colorado and Germany? Suggestions for next team?

Here's an update to the United States, likely the last one.

-Took many of GBMs suggestions

-Decreased the arch on the banner in the crest

-Changed gray in soccer ball to red in crest

-Got rid of the USA flag thing on the back of both kits

-Fixed the biggest problem with the kits, the rectangle over the numbers

-Numbers/names now have a small outline

-Changed clash kit to navy/white/navy instead of all white

-Kept the pinstripes, think they look good on the navy

USMNT-final-2.png

spacer.png

The update looks much better. Great job on the USMNT concept. As for Germany, the home kit is absolutely beautiful, but the away seems a little off. Maybe its the crazy addidas design at the bottom, but something isn't doing it for me. As for Colorado, I love it. A great update over their current set. A suggestion for the next team would be either Spain or the Kansas City Wizards, as I'm not a big fan of eithers current set. Keep up the good work Chestnut.

jNTsTyQ.png

Next is another national team, Scotland.

The Scots crest is pretty much untouchable when it comes to the basics of the design (with the lion and flowers in the background, they've had it since at least the 50s). So I just made a couple tweaks, changing the shape of the crest and changing the text.

I HATE the kits they just rolled out by Diadora. Absolutely ugly with a fake collar looking thing. So I went over to the good ol' Nike, and kept the homes pretty simple. Not much explainin' to do there.

The away focuses on the Scotland flag with the blue and white X, and I used a light blue X as the centerpiece of the away.

C&C please

Scotland.png

spacer.png

I'm not sure the crest is an improvement, but you get an A for even attempting to change the Scots crest. I applaud you for that. But the box style you went with seems to clunky. I would try even more of a change other than shape. Maybe try working the flag into the main part of the crest instead of giving it its own little space. Not sure if it would work, but I think it is worth a try. As for the uniforms, they are a huge improvement. The clash is one beautiful kit.

jNTsTyQ.png

If you're changing the shape on something such as that crest, I would go 100% into changing the shape. As it looks now, you still see the implied shield because of the shape of the crown-thingies.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Time for my opinions.....I'm bringing a flame shield too.

I like the USMNT repackaging stuff, but, I like the white/navy/white look at home a lot more than red at home, and a navy away. Pinstripes aren't bad, but it's practically overload for me, and pinstripes just aren't meant to be on international teams (save for Paraguay, Argentina, and Malaysia; pulls out the flame-retardant shield). The design template nevertheless looks great.

The German national team doesn't really need a new badge, but I'm not saying this is a bad badge. If Germany were to change it's badge, then I'd suggest they's take a look at the one you made. The kits seem similar to previous adidas templates from years ago.

Scotland.....The away is too similar to the outgoing one. And I liked the current crest, too. This one's a bit on the boring side. But again, they look really great, I'm a fan of the number font.

I am a big fan of red socks for the scotland home kit personally. Think its a better contrast to the navy shirt. (also it was always red socks when I was growing up). Not a great fan of the pale blue saltire on the away jersey either. Not quite sure what diadora thought they were doing with that! Personally I always thing a scotland away shirt is one of those kits you have a certain amount of license to throw the rule book out. Go for some tartan somewhere! (If you were going to go really OTT it could be the players own tartan, so slight different for each kit, but that would be tough to pull off!) Some tartan on the trim on a plain white shirt would be my pick?

For the same reasons that I prefer scotland with red socks, I loved the green Germany away shirt. Persoinally I am not a great fan of that home shirt design though. Not sure what I would do with it mind, because its quite nice having the flag colors against the white shirt.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Pinstripes aren't bad, but it's practically overload for me, and pinstripes just aren't meant to be on international teams (save for Paraguay, Argentina, and Malaysia; pulls out the flame-retardant shield).

This may be nitpicking, but I don't think those teams wear pin stripes. Those are thick (wide) vertical stripes. Pin stripes are what the New York Yankees wear. Very thin vertical stripes. Vertical stripes, such as the ones you mention, are worn by a few national sides and countless clubs as well.

Pin stripes on the the other hand, are almost unheard of on a national team's kit. That's why I like the idea so much. It sets the kit apart and makes it instantly recognizable.

...so, not arguing with you. Just clarifying...I think.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Pinstripes aren't bad, but it's practically overload for me, and pinstripes just aren't meant to be on international teams (save for Paraguay, Argentina, and Malaysia; pulls out the flame-retardant shield).

This may be nitpicking, but I don't think those teams wear pin stripes. Those are thick (wide) vertical stripes. Pin stripes are what the New York Yankees wear. Very thin vertical stripes. Vertical stripes, such as the ones you mention, are worn by a few national sides and countless clubs as well.

Pin stripes on the the other hand, are almost unheard of on a national team's kit. That's why I like the idea so much. It sets the kit apart and makes it instantly recognizable.

I can think of at least 2 recent international soccer kits with pinstripes. Scotland had a pinstripe strip made by Fila a few years ago, and didn't Spain have a pinstripe outfit not so long ago as well. In the 80s adidas had a template that was used by quite a few international teams that had pinstripes. (Off the top of my head Northern Ireland, Russia, France, West Germany all had at least either a home or away shirt that incorporated pinstripes in the 1982 World Cup)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I can think of at least 2 recent international soccer kits with pinstripes. Scotland had a pinstripe strip made by Fila a few years ago, and didn't Spain have a pinstripe outfit not so long ago as well. In the 80s adidas had a template that was used by quite a few international teams that had pinstripes. (Off the top of my head Northern Ireland, Russia, France, West Germany all had at least either a home or away shirt that incorporated pinstripes in the 1982 World Cup)

Spain was the only one I could think of. In each of these cases, it was more of a one off. Not an indelible part of the kit, like Holland wearing all orange, or Argentina's sky blue and white stripes. Any team could incorporate pin stripes into their kit, but none (that I know of) are known for wearing them.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Thanks for the honest criticism guys.

Scotland update

-Went back to the old crest (before I updated it), only changed the text

-Red socks on home

-Kept the cross on the away, but made it a light gray so it's not as noticeable

-To make the jerseys less boring, I added a watermark kinda whatever they're called design on the back of the flowers from the crest (close-up showed)

Scotland-2.png

spacer.png

I like the updates on the scotland kit. Might also make the light blue touches on the home kit red, but thats just me. The away kit look better with the cross more of a shadow. Again might change some of the light blue touches into red. The thistle shodows are good as well. Could you put some blue shadow thistles on the home?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived