Chiefs are going to wear Dallas Texans throwbacks next season

DallasSports

So we have the Texans and the Chiefs with a Texans throwback.

And we have the Titans and the Jets with a Titans throwback.

I see no reason why the Ravens shouldn't wear a Browns throwback.

Well first off, the Chiefs and Jets are throwing back to completely different Texans and Titans organizations.

And secondly, the Ravens split into a new organization (whether that's liked or not), so they technically can't throwback to something they never were.

Thirdly, the Browns were not an original AFL team anyway...

Where's the love for the old AAFC? 2006 was their 60th anniversary. There wasn't any hype for the Browns and 49ers. Grr

That one would have been a challenge to pull off, considering only three teams survived the AAFC to merge into the NFL. If the Seahawks played the Dolphins, who would wear the unis of the Miami Seahawks...Seattle or Miami? :blink:

The Giants would have to suit up as the Yankees, the Bears as the Hornets/Rockets, maybe the Jets as the Dodgers, and no one as the Los Angeles Dons.

The only one that truly would work would be the Buffalo Bills suiting up as...the Buffalo Bills. <_<

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

F it. Eagles should dress up like the Frankfort Yellowjackets.

Make it happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sounds good to me. I love those uniforms:

Those were the Eagles first uniforms (sort of), but I'm not sure that they were inherited from the Frankford team. I haven't found any evidence that the Yellowjackets wore those. Most of the images I've found show jerseys with a FYJ crest, and / or sleeves with lots of horizontal stripes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

When they unveiled those uniforms, they said those were the Yellow Jackets' colors. Looking at Donovan's site I'd tend to doubt it.

Still, I don't think that Philadelphians would be offended by a Frankford throwback, seeing that Frankford is a neighborhood in Philadelphia and all.

Archived